Smart lock broken after december update
DAVAZR82
Enthusiast - Level 2

After updating to version N950USQS2BQL5, the smart lock feature seems to be broken on the device.  I have to enter my password every time if I want to unlock my device despite being in a trusted location.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Smart lock broken after december update
DAVAZR82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well now it suddenly decided it wanted to start working again.... go figure. Not sure if it was the FDR that did it or something else.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

It's possible in your recent update, the method by which you modify notifications has changed.

Perhaps attempt a System Cache Wipe from the System Restore / Boot Menu (not an Application Cache Clear from Settings). You can Google it. I've copied and pasted it sooooo many times in the forums, because people experience odd behaviors after taking an update. Wish VZW would publish a troubleshooting step for people like yourself with a Samsung device.

If that doesn't work, backup your personal content and perform a Factory Device Reset, aka Factory Data Reset (FDR).

0 Likes
DAVAZR82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestions but it didn't work.  Performed a cache wipe then FDR.  Same results.  Smart lock isn't working.

0 Likes
DAVAZR82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well now it suddenly decided it wanted to start working again.... go figure. Not sure if it was the FDR that did it or something else.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Cool. I'm glad you got it working again. My vote is the FDR did it.

With Android devices (I have an LG), we are really quite lucky when we take an update and don't have inexplicable behavior. 9oo10 times, a Wipe or a FDR solves the problems. Sometimes though, the OEM pushes a partially correct OTA, and then we have to seek work-arounds until they get things right.

0 Likes