Service issues with Samsung Galaxy Note 3
mitrigirl02

I purchased this phone in march 2014. Service was great. I've had several updates since then and the service had gone down hill. I switched from  Sprint thinking that I was going to get service  that I could actually use..but it's not the case. Phone often drops calls in areas where I used to have service. I'm getting Sprint service for the Verizon price. Unacceptable.  I'm going to search for other options.

0 Likes
Re: Service issues with Samsung Galaxy Note 3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mitrigirl02, We definitely appreciate your business and don't want you to leave us! I know it's important for you to receive the Service needed and expected. Where are you located (zip)? Are the service issues effecting calls, only? Please confirm which software version is currently loaded on your device http://vz.to/13JIXIj. We'll figure this out, together.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mitrigirl02

Zip code is 27106. Calls and Internet access have issues. Version: KTU84P.N900VVRUDNJ6

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mitrigirl02!

Thanks for the details, let's get to the bottom of this! Are you dropping all calls or specific calls? Does the issue occur in or outdoors? When did the problem begin?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
mitrigirl02

I am dropping calls. Nothing specific about the calls. I can have full bars, be stationary, and my call drops. It occurs inside and outside. I noticed issues with the service after my first software update.

Dimitri Galbreath

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Dimitri!

I'm sorry to learn about any calls dropping! Let's get to the bottom of this, OK? You mentioned that you drop calls with a full signal strength. This definitely shouldn't be the case! Please check on something for me. Please go to menu/settings/system updates. Let me know if a system update is available. If so, please update the device and monitor it. Keep me posted!

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
mitrigirl02

I check everyday. No update is available. Some of my co-workers say that they have never dropped a call, but their phones are older than mine.

Dimitri Galbreath

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mitrigirl02, Thanks for your patience in providing detailed information for us. We'd like you to try a few steps to resolve this issue. Please try removing the SIM card  for 30 seconds and then re inserting the SIM. Then retest. Any change? http://vz.to/1BkR211. If not, please run the phone in safe mode for a few hours to see if the call quality improves in this testing mode: http://vz.to/1BkR9JT. We look forward to resolving this for you.

TanishaS1_VZW

0 Likes
mitrigirl02

Ironic enough I did not really have any activity while the phone was in safe mode. I have still had issues with data where some of my apps will not work. Sometimes I have issues with connecting to the internet. The Play Store app works approximately 25% of the time. I utilize the Google Maps app for a GPS and it works approximately 25% of the time also. 25% may actually be too generous. Due to having internet issues, I have to use my home computer to reply to you. I have also been experiencing issues with my phone where it restarts when it wants to, especially during an important phone call.

Thanks

Dimitri Galbreath

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mitrigirl02,

Thanks for testing the device in Safe Mode. Have you ever had the SIM card in the device replaced? If not, we definitely would like to have the SIM replaced. You can pick one up for free at your local corporate VZW store... http://vz.to/Z26SAQ

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes