Samsung note 4 update issue
fuegocool

I updated my note 4 2 days ago and now my battery dies in 2.5 hrs and I can't make phone calls or receive notifications for my text..  how can I downgrade from 5.1.1...  this sucks...  HELP PLEASE!!!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung note 4 update issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help fuegocool. Having a fully functioning phone is definitely important, so I understand your concern.

Did these issues start right after the software update? Have you fully powered off the phone since the update? What happens when you attempt to place a call? Can you receive calls?

In regards to the text notifications, are you able to send and receive text message? Is the issues only that you are not getting a notification when you receive a new text?

Is the battery charging to 100%? Is the battery dying after 2.5 hours with no usage?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Here is a few things to try. First is if you are not using any apps that require you to have location on then have it turned of it will help conserve battery. Secondly I noticed after update is is always searching or wifi networks go to your wifi settings and go to advaced and turn off always allow scanning. This will run down the battery. And last but not least turn off at&t wifi hot spot auto connect. That is what I found to do some battery draining as well. After doing all of that and resetting my phone and reinstalling what I wanted my phones battery is better than I have ever seen. Hope that helps

0 Likes
fuegocool

Did these issues start right after the software update? YES

Have you fully powered off the phone since the update? YES

What happens when you attempt to place a call?  The phone freezes up and I have to restart the phone

Can you receive calls?  YES

In regards to the text notifications, are you able to send and receive text message?  Yes but while sending text it says sending....  and I'm not receiving text messages when my friends tell me they were sending it to me.

Is the issues only that you are not getting a notification when you receive a new text?  yes I'll have to click on the messenger application in order to see that I received a message.

Is the battery charging to 100%? Is the battery dying after 2.5 hours with no usage?  yes!

0 Likes
fuegocool

thanks Waimon for responding...  I dont' have at&t..  wi-fi is off..  all apps are off..  its the software update that screwed it up...  also my contacts list says "updating contact list...."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fuegocool -  Having the newest software on your device should not cause these types of issues. You should be receiving your text messages without a delay. Let's work on the issues and get your device back in it's stellar condition. Please follow this link and try the Software repair. Check it out. vz.to/1MpCiIp
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes