Samsung Note 9 Duo (SM-N9600) Support?
Sp33dMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will Verizon support the Note 9 Duo?  They already support the other Note 9 models, dual SIM iPhones, and LTE4 only phones.  I am just looking to not have to carry 2 phones and do not understand why this phone is an issue for Verizon

Tags (2)
Re: Samsung Note 9 Duo (SM-N9600) Support?
davidh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I know what it’s like to carry 2 devices, Sp33dMan. It’s a juggling act to say the least. I’m interested to know more about the Samsung Note 9 Duo (SM-N9600). When you enter in your device’s IMEI into our Bring Your Own Device page what are your results?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/prospect/bring-your-own-device/#/
(For quickest results choose the black “I’m not with Verizon” box on that page.)

0 Likes
Sp33dMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

davidh_vzw,

The phone associated with the Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

That is what I get.

deloused
Master - Level 3

The SM-N9600 model was manufactured by a Samsung with the hardware to operate on Chinese Mobile networks. It doesn’t have Volte technology hardware, nor access to LTE frequency bands 13 & 66 which Verizon’s network transmits. They could never support a device that isn’t capable of using their network. You can activate any device that was manufactured with compatible hardware technology however

Sp33dMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

deloused,

It does support all of the Verizon channels/bands, and does support voLTE:

http://phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&id=13891&c=samsung_sm-n9600_galaxy_note_9_special_edition_duos_td-lte_cn_512gb__samsung_crown

On Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 11:10 AM deloused <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's not on the compatible list. Verizon Certified Unlocked Android Smartphones

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

deloused
Master - Level 3

No, it does not. If you read the ‘Data Integrity’ section on the link you provided it states the attributes were preliminary, and they were last updated on 8/19.

I’d recommend using a more reputable site for device specifications with newer informatio like this one- Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G9600 - Specs - Phone More

or, if you truly believe that it’s is compatible just put an active Verizon SIM in that model, and it will work if it was.

0 Likes
Sp33dMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

deloused,

The link you sent does not work.

On Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 12:26 PM deloused <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yes it does, community links will work when you’re logged in to the Verizon website and click on it from there, but they aren’t accessible via email

Sp33dMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the comparison of the Note 9 sold by Verizon and the model I have.

The SN-N9600 actually supports even more bands, so what is the difference

other than Verizon needing to add the IMEI to their supported list?

https://www.phonemore.com/compare/phones/galaxy-note-9-sm-n9600-512gb-vs-galaxy-note-9-sm-n960u-512gb/8671548

On Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 12:32 PM deloused <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes