Re: Samsung Note 9 Duo (SM-N9600) Support?
deloused
Master - Level 3

Neither of the device models in that comparison link is the one you have if you bought it from Verizon. You’re comparing the SM-N9600 to the SM-960U, and Verizon sells neither of those model versions.

Samsung makes many model variants. If if you have the Note 9 sold by Verizon than you have one of the SM-960UZ devices.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960* Model Number Differences - TechWalls

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or the SM-N960U1 unlocked model.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gersong_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate you clarifying this information for us, Sp33dMan. I understand this is important for you and I will submit your feedback. As the community stated, this device is not compatible with our network, and systematically we are not able to activate this device. We recommend checking our website for device compatibility in the future. https://www.verizonwireless.com/prospect/bring-your-own-device I hope this provides clarity.

GersonG_VZW    

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thank in advance for your help with this!!

1Re: Samsung Note 9 Duo (SM-N9600) Support?
brian02

Hi, I have the same phone as OP's. With the Jun 2019 software update for N9600, the phone now supports Verizon. I can use an activated Verizon sim card in this phone and get voice, text and LTE data work. The things that doesn't work are activation (you need to activate the SIM card in a Verizon or supported device), VoLTE and Wifi Calling (with Verizon SIM).  If you still can't get your phone work, maybe that's because IMEI is not in Verizon's system database, in this case just call Verizon and ask them to add the IMEI to their database.

0 Likes
Re: 1Re: Samsung Note 9 Duo (SM-N9600) Support?
Anthfack109

Greatly appreciate seeing this response. I recently picked up the N9600 and popped my Verizon SIM in it. All works fine... texts, calls, data, everything. I talked to a support rep on the phone and she insisted that all would be good but that if I updated and the device gave me some issues to call them back and they can fix it. 

Traded a Pixel 3XL for the 512Gb/8Gb model, definitely stoked.

0 Likes
IT-Architect

Anthfack109 wrote: "Greatly appreciate seeing this response. I recently picked up the N9600 and popped my Verizon SIM in it. All works fine... texts, calls, data, everything. I talked to a support rep on the phone and she insisted that all would be good but that if I updated and the device gave me some issues to call them back and they can fix it."
The SM-N9600 is what I need but it is a Chinese phone.
1. Does the environment read in English?
2. Which firmware are you using?
3. Good world phone?

0 Likes
IT-Architect

brian02
Wi-Fi calling not working makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that you VoLTE doesn't work because that is not network-dependent unless Verizon is using non-standard VoLTE and hasn't migrated yet.

I have the SM-N960U1, which is admittedly different, but it is NOT Verizon's firmware (because I blocked them), I don't have Wi-Fi calling, but I do have VoLTE. Moreover, if you don't have VoLTE, you have only until 12-31-20 to get it or you won't be on Verizon.

Install Network Cell Info Lite and go to the Device+SIM tab.  That will tell the story. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you get the support that you need. How exactly can we assist you?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes