Re: Samsung Note 4 update issues
DANDR8813
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rashad

I followed your directive outlined in the previous email listed below and I still have the same issues. Bye bye Samsung.m gonna miss the S-pen.

Very Disappointed,Dan

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

DANDR8813
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, since my SD card no longer works in my phone at all, I removed the card. While this is Surely disappointing, I'll admit that the lag time when using my hard kays to awaken the phone has diminished and is nearly normal again. Also, my screen again will light up at the end of a call, so I am once again able to disconnect the call.

Kinda defeats the purpose of having an expensive SD card though. I certainly prefer it was in my phone and not on my desk.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to us that you only benefit from a software update, ANgela32073 and I would be happy to help you today. Let’s take a closer look at the phone together to turn this experience around. We want to be sure you get the best performance from your phone.
Besides the software update, were any new apps applied to the device also? Has the phone suffered any physical/liquid damage? The next best step will be to run a diagnostic on the phone http://vz.to/1tuzrWq and check the overall health. Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DANDR8813
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for offering to help me. Unfortunately, I believe the issues are something Samsung's engineers need to address.

To answer your question, the only difference with the phone is the update. I have not added anything else, nor has the phone been mishandled or damaged in any way.

I've removed my SD card, which the phone no longer reads, and some functionality has returned to normal. NOTE: the SD card does work in my PC; just not in the phone.

Dan [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

ANDLOG45
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m experiencing exactly the same behavior and would like to
echo previous comments.  Prior to the
update everything worked as expected, after the update the SD card unmounted requiring
restart then eventually wasn’t’ detected at all.  Also, as described by the others, the hard
key doesn’t consistently awaken the phone (or if it does it’s with a lengthy delay)
nor does the phone awaken properly when attempting to end calls.

There is clearly an issue with the install process or the
update itself.

DANDR8813
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since the SD card no longer works in the phone you might remove it from the phone. That should at least get rid of the delay you were referring to.

ANDLOG45
Enthusiast - Level 1

Based on your original comments I had already done that and the delay issue was resolved.  Thank you.

STEDIE57
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was waiting for the (what seemed to be monthly) security update in hopes that my Note 4 SD card would again be functional.

How long must we wait???

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Galaxy Note 4 last had an update on 1/27/2017. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DANDR8813
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154 is correct, another update (N910VVRS2CQA1) came out at the end of January.

I transferred all of my data from my card to my laptop and then reformatted the micro-SD card. After applying the new update, I re-installed the SD card and it is functioning again.

Additionally, no other quirks anymore either; like delayed wake -up ....