Samsung Note 3 erasing contact info for random contacts - not all contacts.
brianna8500

My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has begun dropping contacts from my phone list.  I will receive a text from a phone number and realize it is someone who was in my Favorite List and is now removed from contact list completely. Today three people that I call, message or email frequently were simply gone from my phone.   This happens intermittently and is random.    I believe it started after last update when other problems emerged. To stop phone from overheating I had to remove the cover.  I also had to remove my 32 Gb data storage card in order to get phone working properly.   Has anyone else had random contacts erased?   I've read about cases where all contacts were removed but my problem is different.   Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me solve this problem.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Note 3 erasing contact info for random contacts - not all contacts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brianna8500, sorry to hear about your trouble with the Note 3. Is the phone still over-heating? We want to make sure that doesn't become a bigger problem for you. Please advise.

There can be several possible causes to contacts disappearing. The simplest possible solution is to go to contacts and press the menu button. Select contacts to display and select all. Do the contacts return?

The second most likely cause is the software source backing up the information.  What software do you use to back up your contacts? Do you back up with more than one application. This may lead us to the best answer for you.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes