Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,993 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Wireless Charging Stopped Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that we are on the same page. You are now talking to a Samsung lover and a Note 8 user. I have had this device since it's release and I am loving the phone. I must admit that I am shocked that you have been having issues with the wireless charging on this device. I have never had this issue. You mentioned that this function would work for a while and then stop working. We have talked about the different cases you have used etc. I would like to know more about what you download onto your device. Have you backed up your phone, done a factory reset (without the restore on) and tried using the wireless charging without a case on the phone?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

AZ_AUTOGLASSMAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same issues. .I'm on my 4th galaxy note 8. And i just got home from a awesome weekend to find out my 4th one has just stopped wireless charging..i have no frickin idea why this is happening!  The first lasted 2 months, the second a month the 3rd another month...this one I got last week! Wth? I'm with you, I love the phone and the amazing camera.  I don't know what to do..this phone was expensive. I can't keep resetting up my phone, this is ridiculous.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to make sure that your device is working properly at all times. Have you attempted using a different charger since you started having this issue?

0 Likes
AZ_AUTOGLASSMAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I have..I even took it in to a corporate Verizon store and they tested it. On 2 different chargers they had..I don't have any battery saving apps or any apps that have anything to do with charging. Yes the wireless fast charging is on, I have read and tried everything. I'm at a loss..and at this point tired of trying.

TPAL123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone find a solution?  I'm having the same problem both with and without a case on 4 different charging pads including 2 Samsung pads.

WILSCH91
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a new Note 8 it will not charge wireless when the phone is powered off. The dock and phone link but it does not charge the phone. When the phone is powered on it will charge wireless.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone and charger to work as intended, WILSCH91. I have tested another Samsung device and I confirmed that it charges wirelessly when it is on, and also when it is off. Let's get more information and explore ways to resolve this issue.

When did this issue start?

Is your wireless charger an original Samsung wireless charger, or a third party wireless charger?

Has the charger been dropped, or has any physical or water damage?

Has the phone been dropped, or has any physical or water damage?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
khanh_loan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also got the note 8 when it was released. I guess I am lucky since the phone was working fine with wireless charging until yesterday. Put the phone to the wireless charger at 15% around 11pm, go to bed, wake up in the morning, the phone is completely drained. I could not charge it both wireless and wired. I tried different cable, wireless charger but still did not work. Thanks god there is a solution in youtube which I both charge the phone wireless and wired at the same time. Waiting for 10 minutes, and the phone start charging again. I took it out the wireless and charge with wire. Everything is good. Now I am trying to charge wireless but it does not work and start draining the battery. Tried different charge station, take out of case, boot to safemode, clear cache, but still not work. The phone show like it is charging but the battery percent keep dropping. So my final solution is do a factory reset so I did. Still the same thing, no wireless charging. What can I do now? Please help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to give you back the power to power your phone the right way! I appreciate you taking the steps that you have so far. Please attempt a repair of the software via the Samsung Repair Assistant: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80201/

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes