Samsung Galaxy Note 5 not charging after Nougat Update
Fuki1979
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone updated to nougat. Earlier today my phone was at 90%. Then out of nowhere it dropped to 50%, Ive had my phone on the charger all day and its draining faster than its charging. It keeps saying to use the manufacturers charger and I am (actually used 2 different ones same results) I factory reset my phone (which was a mistake because I cant seem to restore my text messages or pictures after doing the reset. I was even prompted to have my phone do it and nothing happened), I am so aggravated. Why do they keep rolling out these updates that make things worse? Is there another solution or a patch for nougat? Please help. Im at my wits end

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 not charging after Nougat Update
bearone21
Legend

if you're not using the charger that came with it, you've identified the problem!!!

0 Likes
Fuki1979
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using the original charger. I have 2 of them and it's doing the same thing on both so it's not the charger.

bearone21
Legend

was the extra charger for backup??

Towandad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same issue... I am so done with samsung.  This phone has had too many issues...

bearone21
Legend

are you using the original charger??

0 Likes
Towandad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup, and tried others that use to work as well.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

Fuki1979
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has been of no assistance on this issue. Yesterday my phone stopped charging on usb all together.  I went out and got a wireless charger and it charger overnight to get to about 47%.  Verizon rep I spoke with claimed he had no knowledge of any issues after nougat update (a simple Google search will prove otherwise) I have a friend that works for Geek Squad. He had 9 samsung phones come in with issues with charging. Apparently this update is disabling USB charging on multiple galaxy models. Do they not beta test new firmware builds before they roll them out to the public? I'm tired of Samsung rolling out broken firmware and not having a patch to repair the issues

Towandad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, and I've tried other chargers that use to work.  Fast charging is no more.  I have tried a factory reset too but nothing.

Some of my other issues, pen says detached when not, and when I do take it out, none of the features auto launch.  My phone constantly resets the display backlight so I can't see anything and must get to a dark room to see it well enough to reset it, the battery life is horrible and it suddenly dies...

I have had an iphone, a HTC, a LG and have never had issues - went fore this phone because of the note feature but no more samsung!!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

folks, are the other chargers that used to work original note5 chargers or something from an old phone??

i've got older chargers that fit but don't quick charge.

0 Likes