Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Crashed from 8-8-2017 Update
Bigfoot46555
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm wanting to find out if any other Galaxy Note 4 owners had their phone crash after allowing the latest update on August 8, 2017. By crash, I mean it will lag or not respond to touch commands, then 20 seconds later, it will. Or, if you touch the screen too many times after a failed 'execution' of touching it, it jumps through every page or app that you touched like it's catching up to all those commands. OR, it many times just goes to a black screen, locks up, and becomes unusable. Then I have to pull the battery, wait a few minutes, and SOMETIMES it actually restarts when I push the power button. (but not always) Many times, it comes up with 3 different system screens because the system recognizes it's not booting correctly and offers me options to reboot, fix or what ever the tiny print says.

I've been coached from Customer Service Tech support how to 'fix' it. I've done the software repair method, I've done the partition wipe nearly 20 times, and after archiving all my gigs of music, videos and pictures, tried the full factory reset. Guess what. NONE of those have worked. So I went in to my local V.W. store Friday (8-25-2017) after work because I'm tired of the phone shutting off in the middle of calls or rebooting from swiping the screen. It took a whole 2 minutes of telling 2 employees about what the phone was doing for them to tell me "yeah, we've seen this before... and when it happens this badly, there's nothing you can do". I asked to have the previous working system put back on it. That's a *no*. They won't do it. Oddly, for having a 2 1/2 year old phone, they immediately offered to warranty the phone and have a replacement sent to me ASAP. They also happened to notice I'm eligible for an upgrade, and wouldn't I like to do that maybe?

So the bottom line question is this: have any of you other SGN4 owners also had a total failure of your phone since this last upgrade on August 8? Could you resolve it? Did they offer you a free replacement like they did me? Are you eligible for an upgrade like me AND your phone failed? Or are you not eligible and didn't have any issues with this latest update? After reading stuff on the internet and thinking this through, I'm not very comfortable with the fact that 2 weeks before the Note 8 is announced that my Note 4 takes a total dump on me after 2+ years of impeccable performance, and all Verizon can do is say they'll give me a refurbished one... or I could upgrade.

To say the least, I'm NOT thrilled I have a phone sitting here that works about 25% of the time and dies in the middle of phone calls. It's actually a good thing I'm no longer under contract now. Anyone having these issues?

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Crashed from 8-8-2017 Update
NATTYRICH
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same issue...my phone was perfect before the update, even the camera was affected, it takes picures upside down now. The battery wont hold charge either , so infuriating

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NATTYRICH-

We want your phone to work flawlessly. We will work together to get to the root cause, rest assured. Since the issue started after a major software update, please follow this link for a Software Repair Assistant http://vz.to/1MSHfs9

Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kabowen01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im having the same issues even did a complete reset still have rebooting and location issues and battery drain since the update. A friend at work same phone and verizon same problems, but only since the update

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the frustration of having so many issues with your phone after the update Kabowen01 . Thanks for trying all those steps including the factory reset to fix your issues. I'm sorry it didn't work. The last step would be to replace your phone. We can check the account for all eligible options. You can also contact the manufacture for additional information regarding the last update.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kabowen01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Replace the phone?

It was fine before the update...

Why should i spend even more on a new phone when there was nothing wrong in the first place?

Bacardio
Enthusiast - Level 2

KinquanaH_VZW - your comment makes me that either Verizon or Samsung is purposely breaking phones with their updates, to increase new phone sales.  This is the second update in a row that has broken phones with nothing from either Samsung or Verizon on how either one is going to fix or make it right for their customers

NATTYRICH
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is definitely the tactic....The thing is, I deferred this updates so

many times and my phone was perfect. I don't want the Note 8 so they can

keep that mess. Like seriously my phone pauses for like minutes at a time

when I try to dial, at this point it is a safety risk to even have.

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 3:48 PM, Bacardio <forums@verizonwireless.com>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand your frustration Kabowen01 and since we can only provide so much trouble-shooting, the next best step is to either replace the phone or contact the manufactures in regard to the update. I apologize for the inconvenience.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TAYMOO7

I'm having the same issue. Got a replacement phone, and now it's doing the same thing. Like you said, was working fine before the previous update. Now it takes 15 minutes and several restarts to send out one text.

0 Likes