Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 no signal and dropped calls?
dgjdjl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

i am having the same problem.   everytime you call verizon they act it was the first time they are hearing.   Before the update in May my phone was working awesome. Now I get no signal or dropped calls or mobile service is not available.  Verizon when do you plan on releasing the new update sprint has.  My husband and daughter has verizon they always have service and they have an iphone and i dont.   Verizon please roll it out now please, you have alot of angry customers

Check out the discussion 'Samsung Galaxy Note 3 no signal and dropped calls?' in Verizon Wireless Community.  and my zip code is 01609

geckoaustin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this problem no signal rarely anywhere i go. I had sim card replaced and phone replaced and still have the same problems. I have no idea what else to do the only option left is to get a different phone or maybe take a chance and void warranty to root it.

ontheconstantgo
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is NOT the Note 3, I believe that it is Verizon service towers. I have the Note 3 and I constantly deal with dropped calls and complete signal outages (no Internet availability AND sometimes I don' even get a phone call signal). I live in an area that is completely covered under 4G.....yet most times I struggle to get a 3G signal. I do not think that this is a Note 3 issue, I think it is a Verizon signal issue. Specifically, I believe that Verizon has oversold their service network and is now providing service to too many customers without having made the necessary upgrades to ensure the level of reliability and signal/service. I say this because I have been with Verizon for nearly 15 years and I can say that I really did not struggle with signal and service issues until Verizon gained the huge influx of i-phone customers. Ever since that time my service with Verizon has been quasi - reliable at best.....both my husband and I have had the same service and signal issues with our last 10+ smart phones, so it is practically impossible that the issues could be due to the phones. Neither of us struggled with these service/signal issues until after Verizon introduced the iPhone and gained the huge customer increase.

Additionally, the issues that I have seem to follow me wherever I go (and also followed my husband's smartphone before we downgraded his line to phone only service) There is no particular pattern or location for the service disruptions....indoors, outdoors, city, suburbs, countryside....service and signals are intermittent. My husband and I have contacted Verizon via customer service and also in person at local store branches about the service issues....the Verizon employees usually act shocked and surprised when I tell them what is happening. On one occasion several of the Verizon store employees even told me they have never heard of any customer having the service issues I have described...interestingly another customer in the same store (Henrietta NY) overheard what the employees said, walked over to me and informed me that THEY TOO were there because of the same service/ poor signal  issues I described. Perhaps the employees should have listened to the other customers in the Verizon store or read these Verizon forum postings for enlightenment 🙂

Anyways, I have had so many problems with the poor Verizon Internet and phone signals, frequent dropped calls, and substandard customer service that I have already shut off 2  of the 4 family plan lines, and of the 2 remaining lines I have dropped one down to basic phone only service. I am currently researching alternative service providers. I pay a lot of money for my Verizon service and I do not feel that the poor level of service I receive is fair, especially when viewed in light of the hefty bill I pay each month. The fact is I need reliable service and I do not feel that the Verizon service is reliable anymore, nor do I feel that they are worthy of my business. Having been a loyal customer for nearly 15 years, I can say that over the last couple of years my Verizon experience has been so poor that I can no longer picture staying with such a company.

Verizon WAS a good company, but like so many other big companies I feel that Verizon has forgotten their customer service roots. I truly feel that Verizon has cheated me, taken advantage of my customer loyalty, and billed me for service that greatly falls short of the standard of service promised. I predict that sometime in the not so far off future Verizon will find themselves in the same humbling predicament as Frontier phone company.....begging customers to come back, begging customers for forgiveness, and finding themselves nearly bankrupt.

ontheconstantgo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Before you waste money buying a different Verizon phone I can tell you that I have had numerous phones and all have displayed the same issues (Samsung Charge, Droid RAZR Maxx, Droid Bionic, HTC Droid DNA, and many others, including my current Note 3) and I think the Verizon 4G network is the problem, not the phone.

jd12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think you could be on to something about the Network. I all so have the Note 3. I may be leaving Verizon soon as they have agreed that there is not enough signal where I live to make calls even thought they show on the map that I am in a LTE area that is covered. Verizon sent a Network engineer to my location and he verified that there is NOT a enough signal here. Verizon has agreed to let me out of my contract with paying a fee. I hate to leave but I have to use a Network Extender in the house and no service out side in the yard.Smiley Sad I like Verizon but I want to be able to use my phones out side to. U.S.Cellular has a tower about a 1/8 of a mile from where I live and it has full bars on the phone in side of my house. I know some people will say that U.S.Cellular is just a regional carrier but where do you use your phone 99% of the time.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes