Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon?
Tanooki2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just went through the preorder screens and it still says ship by 11/27.

0 Likes
XstitchCowgirl
Contributor - Level 2

http://shop.verizonwireless.com/?id=galaxynote2&cmp=KNC-58700000035505001

0 Likes
Dave16s6
Contributor - Level 1

No where on the link that you provided does it show a date of any kind, let alone November 15... Maybe post a screen shot?

0 Likes
xlaco61

Samsung Galaxy Note 2

0 Likes
XstitchCowgirl
Contributor - Level 2

Look at the picture if the Note 2, look at the screen. Says Nov 15th

Steve & Sharon

0 Likes
Dave16s6
Contributor - Level 1

Ohhhh the date on the screen of the image of the phone.. now I see it. But no, this more than likely nothing to do with a definite release date. The galaxy s3 shows May 3, and Verizon didn't release it until sometime in July. Same with the other phones on their website showing dates on them. These all seem to be target release dates, and while it very well may be the date that Verizon does ship out the Note 2, I wouldn't read into it as being a fact or them being sneaky and giving us the real ship date without ever saying anything, especially since the S3 wasn't released for more than two months after the date that it shows on its screen. I would put my money on the Note 2 being in stores by the 22nd, if that wasn't Thanksgiving day, and since it sounds like they are trying to delay the release until after black friday, they may ship (pre-orders and to the stores) on the 26, and then be available in stores the 29. Just keep in mind, Verizon loves those Thursday releases... Obviously everything from here on out is just speculation, so let's just decide to wait until Verizon actually comes out and says something official.

0 Likes
cuekwe
Enthusiast - Level 2

The date on the phone image probably means nothing. Yet it is nonetheless intriguing. The consistent message from VZW is that the Note 2 will ship by 11/27, which of course does not rule out the possibility that it will ship sooner. My hunch has been that VZW has an exclusivity agreement with HTC to launch the DNA before the Note 2. However, the launch date (or anyhow the announcement date) for the DNA is reportedly set for Tuesday, 11/13. It would then be unsurprising that having honored their commitment, VZW turns around and screws HTC (like they do everyone else) by immediately thereafter releasing the Note 2. And so perhaps the image in the ad was intended as a kind of subliminal message to the rumor mongering geeks like us that there is a chance that it will become available sooner...

0 Likes
XstitchCowgirl
Contributor - Level 2

I don't feel I have to wait till Verizon speaks out about the date. I love speculation and I can hope that it comes out sooner.

There have been reports here of people hearing from employees that release will be 15th, preorder ship out 13th.

I am not betting on anything, but I can dream!!!!!

braveheartkim
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's an interesting thread I stumbled across about the ship date of Nov. 15 and IN-STORES on Nov. 13 !!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=33988472

0 Likes
cuekwe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm keeping my hopes up for the simple reason that two years ago when I pre-ordered my Droid X from VZW it arrived  a week earlier than the advertised ship date on the website. Although a lot has changed in two years...

0 Likes