Safe mode
Armstrong2005

I have done everything I can do to try to get the safe mode turned off my phone.  I did the whole "restart to turn off safe mode" at least 50 times now.  I took the battery out 3 times.  I powered off and back on.  I deleted all of my apps.  I did a reset-not a factory reset yet, but just a reset.  I am still in safe mode.  What else can I do????

0 Likes
Re: Safe mode
Armstrong2005

I have a note 3

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Armstrong2005, making sure you device is working properly is what we want. When did this issue start? Have you downloaded anything new on the phone prior to Safe Mode appearing? Do you have a case on the device? Have you tried to remove the case then restart your phone?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Armstrong2005 Thank you for all you have done so far. The last step before doing the master reset is to power off the phone and remove the SIM card for 30 seconds. Replace the card, power on, and test. Please keep us posted.
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Samsung Note 3 is a great device Armstrong2005. It concerns me that it will not disable from Safe Mode. When did you start experiencing difficulties with removing Safe Mode from the phone? Is there any physical or water damage to the device? When you go through the steps to remove your phone from Safe Mode are you getting any sort of error messages?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes
Armstrong2005

I followed all of the online steps.  Restarting to turn off safe mode did not work.  Powering on and off did not work.  Removing all of my apps did not work.  Doing a reset did not work.  Removing the Sim card did not work.  Even the factory reset did not work.  I read something about holding down the power button and the volume up button.  That didn't work either.  It was as if my volume down button was stuck in.  I had to pull out the entire volume control button and restart the phone to get safe mode off.  Now if I put the volume control button back on, it automatically goes back into safe mode.  I have dealt with this issue since last Friday.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

All your troubleshooting steps are greatly appreciated Armstrong2005. I am glad to hear your phone is now out of Safe mode. It concerns me to hear that your volume control button was pushed in. Have you recently dropped your phone? Does the entire volume button come out of the phone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes
Armstrong2005

Not that I can remember.  But yes, the entire button has been and has to stay removed in order to keep the safe mode turned off. So while one problem has been solved, more have been created.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us Armstrong2005. A button that completely comes off the device is considered physical damage. Do you carry equipment insurance on your phone? If so, you may file a claim to repalce your device by clicking, http://bit.ly/1H89nRw

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes