Re: Return S7 Note
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

It won't let me upgrade the temp phone since I owe over $800 on it.

0 Likes
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

I took it all the way to my shopping cart. Btw, the 800+ dollar phone is worth 341 on trade in. Wow. Anyhow, it says I owe over 900 when the phone ships.

0 Likes
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

So, nothing on this?

0 Likes
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

Problem solved. The interim phone has been processed for return. I'll just activate my old Galaxy SIII and wait till I either find a better carrier or a better phone. With no obligation to Verizon, I can do whatever I want.

kevinr_vzw
Verizon Employee
ZUKZEKIM, I want to make sure that you have the device that you're going to love. I would love to pu...

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

Response sent

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

How is ATT in your area?

Ive been back and forth between Verizon and ATT for 2.5 years.  I bought unlocked phones that work on either carrier, so it's a snap.  All I want is fair priced service, no funny business.  I don't ask for freebies.

I went back to ATT a few months ago.  It is 2nd best reception, but not such a drop in service that I'm suffering.  The thing I like best is the huge display of reasonably priced, very nice quality, unlocked phones in Best Buy will all work on ATT, almost none will work on Verizon.  The few that will are on the high end of the prices.

Since I have a kid that broke 3 phones, he's only buying the cheap ones now.  Lol

If you have questions, I recommend visiting their forum.

0 Likes
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

I'm not sure. I know that Sprint is horrible at my house. AT&T may be good. Guess I'd have to see what plans they have. I thought I read somewhere that they have 1 yr trade ins?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

ATT has 2 installment options, can be used for any phone. 

the "Next every year" is 24 month, but eligible to trade in in 12.  You can pay to upgrade any time.

"Next 24" is 30 payments, trade in at 24 months for those who keep their phones. 

What I like is not being tied to carrier phones.  There is an entire isle of unlocked phones at Best Buy that will work on ATT.   Much cheaper.

The plans are a lot like New Verizon plan.  Carry over data, no overage, similar prices.  Automatic slow of data once you hit the cap.  Most say they pass the cap before data slows.  No "data boost" charge.  You just bump up to the next plan and get your rollover. 

The unlimited plan requires TV service and you lose hot spot, no tethering allowed.

Make a list and use a calculator.  ATT reps are no better at Math than any other.

0 Likes
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

Well, still nothing back on this. Gotta love it. I'm dumping this interim phone at my local VZW store tomorrow and either deactivating the Note 7 or an old S3. Regardless, there will be no upgrade happening with this whole mess. I'm not laying blame on Verizon though I think more could have been done to appease those of us in this situation given the lack of comparable replacement phones.  I was a very happy and loyal Verizon customer. Now I'm a month to month, free agent ready to dump them at the 1st sign of a better deal.