Restored phone; Replaced phone; Updated Network/Proxy settings... Weak signal and dropped calls continue. Help!?
androidNote4chick
Enthusiast - Level 2

For  6 months, my new Note 4 was fine.  Then, suddenly, I got dropped calls, weak signal (1x or 3x, when the Verizon map says I should have 4G LTE and used to have 4G LTE all the time).  Now it fails to send texts frequently because of a "network unavailable" error.  I've restored my phone. I've updated network and proxy settings.  I've even requested a new phone... and after 2 weeks, the new phone has the same problems.  HELP!?

Re: Restored phone; Replaced phone; Updated Network/Proxy settings... Weak signal and dropped calls continue. Help!?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi AndroidNote4chick,

6 months with the same issue is too long! We want you to have the best signal at all times. What zipcode is this issue occuring in? Does the issue occur indoors ony?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Restored phone; Replaced phone; Updated Network/Proxy settings... Weak signal and dropped calls continue. Help!?
androidNote4chick
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was actually fine for 6 months, and then 2-3 months ago the problems

started. The zip is 43023. My husband has the same phone and lives in the

same house. He's having the same problems, but they started 3 weeks

later. Other Verizon phones in our home have poor signal but not as bad as

ours. My cell signal is generally weaker than other Verizon phones no

matter what city/country I travel to for work.

Katelyn

On Jun 22, 2015 9:31 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

androidNote4chick, thanks for those details. You mentioned that you;'re experiencing issues with your service in more than one place. Let's take a closer look at your device. Which  make/model phone do you have? Have you powered your device off/on since this issue started?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
androidNote4chick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Yes, I've powered it off and on a few

times every week... and it's been a few months.

On Jun 24, 2015 9:49 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

andriodNote4chick, thanks for confirming. Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to it?  Have you tried briefly powering it off and removing the sim card?

Did you recently recieve a software update on it? Click the link below for more troubleshooting steps after an update.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note-4-update/?lid=sayt&sayt=software%20Samsun...

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
androidNote4chick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Software is up to date, and the problems started after the last major

update. I will try the other suggestions and report back.

On Jun 24, 2015 12:43 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Cprtt8

I am having the same problem. I have done everything except replace my phone. I even had to reactivate my sim card since the tech I spoke to advised my sim card on their end was saying it was roaming. As far as I am concerned it's just time to ask for a refund on my monthly bill since verizon can hold up to its agreement and would then be guilty of false advertising, hence a breach of contract.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly appreciate your efforts, Cprtt8. Even though we don't manufacture the phones, it's important to us that your device is performing at its best to ensure you can enjoy our wireless network.Can you please describe a bit more of what exactly is happening with your particular Note 4? Is there a certain zip code you're noticing the trouble in? Is your Advanced Calling turned on or off?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes