Re: Replacement note 7
Mare3199
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told by Verizon this morning that the procedure to exchange our Note7's for a new Note7 can work one of two ways.

If you're comfortable using your current Note7, you can wait and exchange it for the new one when they come out. (date unknown at this time)

If you want to turn it in now, you may do so for your choice of any phone and no fees will be charged. You would then be able to turn that "temporary" phone in for a new Note7 when they arrive.....also no fees charged.

They will replace your screen protector at no charge and if you purchased it from a third party, take the receipt with you, she felt certain they would reimburse you but she wasn't strong on just this one point.

Hope this helps someone.

TYLBAC92
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just "chatted" with a Verizon customer service rep minutes ago and he said that I would receive a text when the new Note 7's are available and they were hoping it would be in the next week...

Now if that was just to get me to shut up or actual new information who knows.. But I'm going to hold onto my faulty Note 7 for now and see if a new Note 7 comes available. As we get closer to the Sept 30th date I'll turn it in to avoid any "restocking fee" of a junk device and wait for the fixed Note 7.. as someone said before.. If I wanted an S7 or S7 Edge I would have bought one months ago.

Just thought I'd pass on what I was told.

KELFINK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well this is good news, considering I just spoke to someone with Verizon and they told me that right now they are not replacing Note7's with new Note7's.  It simply isn't an option according to the person I spoke to, at least not right now.  And when I brought up that charging a restocking fee for something that cannot possibly be restocked makes no sense, I was fed the same line about that being their policy.  Sigh.

Wish Verizon and Samsung would communicate properly...it's clear that Verizon has set up "rules" outside of Samsung's parameters.  Garbage.  It shouldn't be a fistfight to comply with a recall. 

AEPATE93
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've noticed that some of the posts in this thread have been edited by Verizon but no one from Verizon has responded... I wanted to get a Note 7 but by the time I went to get it they had stopped selling them.  I would really like to get a date that they will be available again.   If Verizon decides not to sell them anymore I guess I will keeping using my Note Edge until the next note comes out because I do not want a phone that isn't  a note.   Can someone from Verizon please provide us with some legitimate info on when the Note 7 will be available again... PLEASE???

ANGCUT14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Funny, i was just told in a VZW Chat session to go into the Verizon Store and exchange it (this was after a small wait to check into it who knows where) and that the updated stock was available now.

0 Likes
KELFINK
Enthusiast - Level 3

What?!  Why is the information so different from one person to another?  Thanks for posting this.

0 Likes
gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

i ordered the Note 7 on 9/1. A day before the recall. I had and original ship date of 9/7. The VZW Chat person told me today when I asked what the updated ship date would be for me since the phone was recalled that they didn't have any information as to when new Note 7's would be in stock. Even for those current owners who will be returning theirs for a new one.

0 Likes
TYLBAC92
Enthusiast - Level 1

After ANGCUT14's response that he could go in and swap now I decided to chat again only to be told that Verizon has no ETA on replacement Note 7's (conflicting with the 1 week ETA I had received 15 minutes prior) AND that if I have any questions about the recall that I need to direct them to Samsung since its their phone being recalled.

0 Likes
ANGCUT14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just out of curiosity, im chatting with a Samasung rep to get their response on Verizon.

ANGCUT14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Chat Transcript removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

My chat session with Samsung rep.....who knows what the deal is.

0 Likes