Re: Replacement note 7
SHAGGS77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told I will not pay a restocking fee when I exchange my temporary phone for a new note 7 regardless of when the note 7's come in.  

0 Likes
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

You sure you the correct current status, agf7575? I was told to turn OFF the phone and return it ASAP, Verizon will give a loaner. There was nothing 'voluntary' in my instructions.

I got my loaner without any fuss. Too bad you are struggling.

0 Likes
SHAGGS77
Enthusiast - Level 2

On the initial news articles Samsung called  it a voluntary recall. I belive Verizion's website also states that. 

0 Likes
KELFINK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now that the CPSC is involved, it is no longer a voluntary recall like it was in the beginning.

0 Likes
tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

Totally agree to agt7575.

Long time verizon customer here; feeling no respect from Verizon onto loyal customers this time up.

They don't deserve we giving them $2000 every year for this kind of services.  Yes. $2000 seems a small amount to Verizon; but i would spend $2000/year to other carriers for the rest of my life....that's some significant amount (and i guess i'm not the only one got [removed] off by such handling).

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

madcow82
Enthusiast - Level 1

blasphemy!! Don't do it! Moto has always held up for me and these new z modular ones look great. Put a battery mod on the back and never runout of juice.

Samsung did right by announcing the recall. Verizon is at fault with handling the loaner. ATT and others had a loaner from day 1.

0 Likes
HVSKRFAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told yesterday at a Verizon store that they were not issuing "loaner" devices and if I exchanged the Note 7 for something else I would NOT be able to exchange again if/when new Note 7's were available.

After seeing previous posts about individuals being able to (finally) get a loaner exchange I called Verizon support to see if there had been an "official" change in their policy.  The representative had not heard of this but did offer to call some of the local stores and see if they would do this for me.  Apparently this is not something that Verizon has backed and he stated that maybe these individuals were just "hoping" that the new Note 7 would be available before their 14 day exchange period was up.  He did, however, suggest that I just not turn the phone on or charge it unless I needed to use it.  REALLY?!?!  Verizon needs to step up corporately and take care of their customers and deal with Samsung for the extra cost not tell their customers to just roll the dice and hope you get lucky!

Someone2212
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon needs to come up with an official plan.  Individual employees are confused and give mixed information.

One employee is keeping his note 7 while another said I should trade mine in asap for the "loaner" deal.  When I questioned about deadlines, fees, or having it in writing ... I got a blank stare and said "we had several customers take advantage of this".  When I wanted it in writing ... no. 

I left with my note 7.

SHAGGS77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Each store may do things differently, my store pretty much guaranteed me that I can switch back to a note 7 as soon as they come in.  

0 Likes
Someone2212
Enthusiast - Level 2

Word of mouth guarantee or VZ corporate guarantee?  How long is the guarantee good for say if cost holds samsung for 3-6 months ...

0 Likes