Re: Replacement note 7
indianafanatic68
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Because 20 different people can see the exact same car wreck and tell different stores to people."

If each of those people agreed that the people in the car were killed, pray tell, what is the difference that makes a difference? 

Is it that the car rolled 3 times vs. 7 times? 

That the car hit it could have only been traveling 100 mph, and not possible that it was traveling 115 mph?

The driver that caused the wreck was texting, not searching for a better radio station?

To quote one of the greatest statespeople of our time, "What difference does it make?!?"

/s

Cejais
Enthusiast - Level 2

Metaphors aside....   I think Verizon should be explaining to its Note 7 customers why, if Samsung is willingly, and voluntarily, recalling all Note 7's they are not participating? Is it money? Is it money?  Is the wealthiest and largest carrier in the US worried about a few 100K in labor cost that could be made up by word of mouth advertising about how jumped right in and did the right think for all their customers? 

So, maybe my phone does't have issues, and their argument is, if you are not having problems, why replace it?....  The answer is ..  Now I don't trust my phone and believe it may blow up at any time.  How is AT&T dealing with this....  Way better than verizon..  From the AT&T Website.  Note there is no disclaimer, there are no conditions....  They are encouraging all Note 7 owners to exchange..  its that simple...  What that says is AT&T is more concerned about customers than Verizon is

"Important Information for AT&T Customers with Samsung Note7

Samsung has notified us that they have identified a battery cell issue in certain Galaxy Note7s. They have asked all retailers, including AT&T, to stop selling the device. They are investigating if the issue could lead to potential safety concerns. Because safety is our top priority, customers are strongly encouraged to exchange the Samsung Note7 for a new device.  Customers with a Note7 may select a Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 active, Galaxy Note7 or any other smartphone, and may also return any Note7 accessories. If a customer chooses another Samsung device, he or she will receive a bill credit of $25 per device.

Customers will be also able to exchange that interim device for a new Note 7 in the future. That process will be shared as soon as it is available. Visit www.att.com/note7 for more information."

tech94
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is normal for Verizon. I have been with the for 20 years now only because in my area there is no one that works as well. There customer service the worst. I just got off the phone with them and had them text me that I could exchange for a s7 and when the new note 7 came out I could exchange again but I still have my doubt that they well up hold there end.

Mare3199
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what I was told this morning. Exchange now for whatever phone you like, no fees. Exchange that phone for the new note7 when it comes out and again, no fees. OR.....keep your note7 until the new ones come out and exchange then.

MLP6593
Enthusiast - Level 2

It definitely is sad that Verizon is handling this recall in this manner.  According to Samsung we have to exchange the phone through our carrier we purchased from.  I went into the Verizon store and asked them when they will have replacements and they looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders and said they haven't gotten any info from Samsung. The only info they did give me was I could give my phone back and they would waive my fees and I can purchase a different phone,  but they said I wouldn't be able to just exchange it back when the good note 7's come back in stock.  I would have to purchase the note 7 again.  I think that is wrong for them to do,  I don't really want to risk it but I want the note 7 not the s7 or s7 edge. Like other people stated if I wanted the s7 edge I would have purchased that phone.  With us paying $865 for this phone,  Verizon is really treating this recall in a crappy way.  Samsung is doing a great job working to replace these explosive devices,  now Verizon just needs to follow suit and get it together!! Rant over

LINLIE61

I was told this morning when I called that they would not be selling the Note 7 and I could pick a different phone or contact Samsung since it is their issue.  Samsung was helpful and took my info and said to expect a call from verizon within 24 hours for resolution.  They said they are working the issue with verizon.  Hopefully something is resolved soon.  It is ridiculous that verizon is taking this stance.

0 Likes
kbent
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will leave Verizon if I don't get a brand new replacement very soon. I don't care how little the odds are that mine will catch fire. The fact is, is that I plug my phone in on my nightstand while me and my family sleep ( Not safe at all considering there has been 35 cases just in the U.S.). Second, I like to mess around with my Gear VR and when I do, a lot of times I plug the charger in while using it. I will not take the chance of it exploding while connected to my eyes!!!! I mean come on Verizon, it's a NO BRAINER!!!!! DO THE RIGHT THING

- And by the way, I paid $463.00 to pay off my S7 Edge so I could Upgrade to the Note 7 so I want a Note 7, nothing else.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Where exact are you getting this from? First of all, it was 35 globally, not 35 in the US. Second of all it doesn't matter what brand phone it is, electronics malfunction, and having something connected to an outlet that close to your face is ridiculous. And Verizon HAS done the right thing. It's on their website as well. If you still don't believe that go right ahead to another carrier that still doesnt have the phone.

0 Likes
kbent
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're telling me it's stupid to charge the phone while connected to the VR? Them why would they put a charging connection on the VR dude? Really? And your info is incorrect, do your research.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

SJLUVLUV
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered 2 of note 7 as well on 9/1 and I'm trying to find out also when they will actually receive all the new note 7s to the Verizon warehouse (according to Verizon rep i spoke with) they are telling me to check after the 7th since it shows to their side that 7th is my shipment date. I guess no definite answer til they actually get their note 7 shipment from Samsung. I just hope my orders don't end up being cancelled which all reps told me in store n over the phone that would not happen.