Replacement note 7
zachandjess2904
Enthusiast - Level 2

So verizon how do we get a replacement note 7 . It has been days and still nothing on how to swap for a new note 7 when you receive them?

Re: Replacement note 7
indianafanatic68
Enthusiast - Level 3

The new Note 7s, available to replace our faulty ones, will not be available until after October 1st.  As such, we will be required to pay a restocking fee if we want to do a straight Note-for-Note exchange.  The whole "No restocking fee for the month of September" is only helpful for those not wanting another Note 7.

0 Likes
KELFINK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you hear that "after October 1" information from Verizon, or Samsung?

I called Verizon and according to the person I spoke to, it was unclear at this time if Verizon would even be continuing to sell the Note7, even after the battery issue is resolved.  They couldn't give me a definitive date of return since they aren't sure there will be one at all.  They are really pushing people into a S7 or S7 Edge.

I also spoke to Samsung, who stated that new Note7's would be available this week for folks that want another Note instead of a S7 or S7 Edge, and that these replacements would need to be handled through Verizon.

The conflicting information is getting rather old.  Samsung seems to be dedicated to replacing Note7's with new ones ASAP, but Verizon is not following this standard.

I'm also upset that every other major carrier is a) allowing folks to do a 1:1 replacement of Note7's as soon as they are available (and not giving them a Sept 30 deadline).  There are also carriers who are allowing customers to choose a S7 or S7 edge for now, and whenever the Note7's become available again they will again be allowed to exchange.  I'm also upset that they aren't refunding for accessories, as most other carriers are doing this.  What gives, Verizon?

lonestar614
Enthusiast - Level 3

This. It's completely aggravating. If I wanted an S7 or S7 Edge I would have had one months ago.

KELFINK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, exactly!  I waited for the Note7, and if Samsung is putting out one without a battery issue starting this week I don't see why Verizon is choosing to potentially not carry it.  AND giving us this less than 30 day window to decide on another phone, when I'd much prefer to be able to wait and get the phone I actually want and purchased. 

I'm disappointed with Verizon in all of this - we switched to Verizon from Sprint when we got our Note7's, and now Verizon is the worst in terms of customer service with this issue (not offering replacement Note7's, not offering to give us a phone to use until a new Note7 is available, not refunding accessories....the list goes on).  Makes me seriously consider going back to Sprint...

indianafanatic68
Enthusiast - Level 3

From my chat with Verizon this morning:

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
indianafanatic68
Enthusiast - Level 3

And this was from my chat with Samsung this morning:

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
KELFINK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just did the same thing through Samsung (created a ticket and was told to contact Verizon in 24 hours, and was told to contact Samsung if I was told they were not offering a new Note7).  It sounds like Samsung is intending to replace Note7's with new Note7's, and that they are expecting carriers to follow suit in that.  It also sounds like the October 1st date is not one Samsung came up with, since they expect I will be able to call them tomorrow and begin processing my replacement.

0 Likes
Mare3199
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like someone at Verizon support doesn't know what they're talking about. A restocking fee? It's a RECALL, our Note7's aren't going back into stock. That would be making profit off of Samsung's mistakes, surely they wouldn't try to do that! (eye roll)

TAINO87
Enthusiast - Level 3

Their quality of service has seriously gone down the drain. I have been dealing with them for over 10 years and I can not wait to have the opportunity to switch over to Sprint or even T-mobile with the way things are going. Their customer service reps are all over the place. When having a problem the first thing they push you too is upgrading a plan or getting another phone rather than actually trying to fix the problem. Their prices continue to rise with their quality deteriorating at such a high pace.. Now this note 7 problem and they give a time frame??? How about a free replacement  when the problem is fixed??