Re: Replacement Galaxy Note 4 is not charging properly; dies quickly
JodyEldred
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is a huge deal doing a factory reset and not having any of my apps I use for work available to me for 24 hours, then restoring everything. I am using the exact same apps as in the previous phone. Nothing has changed except the phone.

0 Likes
JASREA85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I WENT TO THE STORE AND ASKED ABOUT THIS ISSUE. THE SALESMAN STATED THAT EVERYONE HE KNOWS WITH THIS PHONE HAS HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. HE TOLD ME I NEED TO ORDER A NEW BATTERY HOWEVER THEY DO NOT HAVE THEN IN STOCK SO I WOULD HAVE TO GO ELSE WHERE TO DO SO. ALSO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE SCREEN NOT WORKING THEY RESET IT AND WITHIN 30 MINS WAS BACK TO NOT WORKINGAGAIN

JodyEldred
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the original battery from my previous Galaxy Note 4 which worked perfectly. That battery also does not work in this new phone any better than the one which came with it. It's not the battery.

Samsung has a serious problem here they are not addressing.

0 Likes
JodyEldred
Enthusiast - Level 1

The factory reset is not a fix.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Because you tried or because you won't do a factory reset?

0 Likes
JodyEldred
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have done it before and it did nothing. Others have tried it and it did nothing. I don't want to spend hours and trying to reinstall everything on my wiped phone for a solution that has been proven not to work.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What is the outcome you are looking for?  You need to work through Asurion since this is a replacement phone.  If you are expecting a Verizon store to give you a brand new phone from stock, that is not what happens.  Getting a different model is even more unlikely.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JodyEldred,

Resetting my phone is a lot like moving… not one of my favorite things to do. Did you do the reset? How long is your battery lasting? Have you tried a different outlet? A different charger? What happens?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JodyEldred
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried resets before and they did nothing. this phone acted like this right out of the box and continues to.

Of course I have tried different chargers, wall charger, USB from computer, USB from portable power cell, car charger. It is not the charger. It is not the battery. It is the PHONE.

Please see my original post where I go through all of this.

I need a viable solution, and it looks like we're talking about a new phone. And I don't want to have to pay a deductible. I am sure I need someone from Verizon to authorize this.

It's bad enough that Verizon has horrible cell service in the the Santa Clarita Valley. I have at most one bar where I live, and that's been the case for five years despite repeated requests by me and thousands of others living here to please add a cell tower. Horrible.

0 Likes