Refund and Shiping Box Update
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Hi all...just an update that hopefully will help Smiley Happy

I contacted Verizon yesterday to get an update on possible timing of the refund and shipping box.

I switched out my phone at a Verizon kiosk on 12 October and my refund for the full amount, which would have included the taxes and upgrade fee, credited back to my debit card on the 25th, exactly 14 days after the exchange.

I was told the refunds of the first Note 7s had been getting processed first so am guessing they are now hitting the round 2 refunds; I bought my 7 a week or so after the first recall started so missed that first wave.

As of today I am at my original 2-weeks for the receipt of the special return box.  The rep I spoke with yesterday indicated that there was a delay, ok, yeah, figured that out myself, due to both supply and a wait on Samsung to provide pending updates.  The rep assured me the boxes will be going out and I should receive mine in, 1-2 weeks.  Someone, the rep didn't specify Verizon or Samsung, is still supposed to be sending a text or e-mail when the box gets mailed out.

So now the only thing left to be credited, for me anyway, is the Samsung credit which is supposed to come as a bill credit.  Am guessing that is about 3 weeks away as I have 20 days left in my current cycle.

0 Likes