Receiving text message issue on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
SimplyGorchess

I have been experiencing a text messaging issue with receiving text messages lately that's really weird. I am using the stock messaging app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, and the only third party app that I am using in relation to my text messages is Light Flow. Some times when receiving a message, the text message does not show up in my messaging app but I can see the notification in my Light Flow app. I don't receive the message hours or even days later it just never shows up in the app at all. I would never know that some has texted me back at times if I don't see the pink light ( this is the notification color that I set for my text messages through the Light Flow app) blinking on my phone. This has happen a few times with different people and they all have different carriers. I'm always on 4G, and I don't believe it is a network issue. I don't ever experience this issue when receiving MMS messages, just only on SMS messages and it's every now and then. Am I the only one experiencing this issue? Could the light flow app be interfering with my text messages? Could this possible be an issue with my phone or the operating system? I really don't want to stop using light flow and I'm perfectly fine with using the stock messaging app. I would prefer to not use a third party messaging app but I'm not completely oppose to it. Please help. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Receiving text message issue on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Miller6386
Contributor - Level 1

We have had a few issues with the liteflow app and Messaging on a few Samsung devices. Mainly S5 devices. I recommend removing the app. There are 3rd party messaging apps that have this option built in and work very well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SimplyGorchess,

I rely on receving my text messages too. We want you to receive all of your text messages. Let's get these messages flowing again and resolve this. Have you tried to remove the Light Flow app and test your text messages? We suggest to test this task and reply with the results.

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Miller6386
Contributor - Level 1

We have had a few issues with the liteflow app and Messaging on a few Samsung devices. Mainly S5 devices. I recommend removing the app. There are 3rd party messaging apps that have this option built in and work very well.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you sent a message to the developers of LightFlow to verify their application doesn't have a bug in their application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MinnesotaJaxn

I'm having this same issue. I just changed the numbers on both of the phones on my plan, now one cannot send text messages and the other cannot receive text messages. the only difference, I do not use this "Light Flow" app as you have mentioned above. NEED HELP FAST, VERIZON!!!!!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For your issue, I would suggest calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or another phone and request they reset the texting feature on both lines and then reboot the phones per the Verizon reps instructions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SimplyGorchess

I have not tried this because I was thinking that it wasn't the light flow app. I think I just may end up uninstalling light flow(which I really hate to due because I've been using it for a few years. Different devices and no issues before now)...and trying another app.

0 Likes
SimplyGorchess

Any suggestions on an app similar to this one?

0 Likes
Miller6386
Contributor - Level 1

I use Textra

0 Likes