Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
JUPITER7MEDIA
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was fishy..and still is...looking at my bill for October It seems

high..slightly lower but a few charges are still a little high

Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

What is even more unusual is that my bill for October, dated 15 Sep to 10 Oct, isn't even showing.

Bills appearing are for 15 Aug to 10 Sep and then 15 Oct to 10 Nov.

JUPITER7MEDIA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon turned a nasty corner on its customers...and I have been one for at

least 15 years...bad customer service without explaining anything

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, issue resolved but not necessarily in a good way  .  Apparently what happened was that, due to my bill close date, the credit for the buyout hit before the close date but the opposite charge didn't hit until after the close date.  So, when my October payment date came around, the system saw a credit and didn't actually "pay" my October bill.  When the new bill for the payment due in November came out, it charged the buyout amount as well as the balance for October and November.

The Sep 10-Oct 15 bill is still missing to my online view but the CS rep could see it.  I am on paperless billing so requested a hard copy of the last three bills so I can better see the progression.  The CS rep assured me that due to the credit application snafu, paying the October bill late (payment was due on the 10th) wouldn't be considered a late payment.  Given I have been on autopay for the last 10 yrs, I will still be keeping an eye out to make sure no late charges are assessed.

As for the trade-in of the Edge, that is in a holding pattern until Monday 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you feeling this way JUPITER7ME. We value your long time loyalty, and we're always here to help.

I see we sent you a Direct Message on 10/10/17 to further assist. Did you reply to the representative that sent you the Direct Message? If so, what were you advised?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Still no go for doing the trade-in online; still getting the same error of a pending loan on the phone.

Looks like I'll be talking to the good folks in the trade-in department at some point today.

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Smiley Happy...update 7,326:

Due to my bill closing date being split, the actual charge for the buyout has to be paid prior to the flag preventing the trade-in is removed.  So, this chapter will now continue on 11 November; maybe a hair sooner if I decide to pay the bill early.

The good news is, since I bought and activated the Note 8 prior to the promotion expiration, the original Note 8 promotion will apply.

So, with both trade-ins, my Note 4 and the s7 Edge, and a change in my plan to the Unlimited, the whole Note 7 to Note 8 adventure will save me around $40.00/month...I'll take it Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Update chapter 7,327 Smiley Happy

Payment made and flag was removed; trade-in process underway.  Funny thought, the trade-in value dropped form $190 to $175 so obviously the month difference and the split bill problem caused the value to drop.  Will also see if the original promotion will go into effect, like I was told, as I purchased the 8 prior to the end of the promotion.

From other trade-ins it may be about two weeks before I get word back of the final outcome.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tk3765,

We appreciate the status update about your trade in. I'm happy to see that there's been progress and I feel confident that this will get resolved soon. If you need more personalized support, you can reply to the Private Message we sent you previously. How does this sound?

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Next to last chapter for anyone still in the process.  The trade-in was taken and given that the total, was under $200, Verizon issued a full bill credit rather than spreading out the credits over the 24 payments.

Now, one more issue I am still working on is getting the promotional value of the Note 8 to kick in.  Last conversation I had I was told they had placed an "emergency" application of the promotion credit, proactive to date of sale, as I am well past the third billing cycle from date of pickup/sale of the Note 8, but quick check on my bill isn't showing the promotional credit (over the 24 payments).

Still fighting the fight Smiley Happy