Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
ginsacca221
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the same situation with Verizon and Samsung, I did not qualify for TD Bank credit card offer and do not have $500 to switch into the phone through Samsung. I just spent an hour basically getting yelled at by Samsung employees that it is not THEIR fault that I don't have the money for this "great deal" they offered me!!! Neither samsung or verizon wants to acknowledge that this was not our fault!!! They are counting on the fact that people that loved the Note 7 and will try to get the Note 8 at any cost! Not me. I think after being loyal to both for many years, it's time to take a good look at the new iphone and a new carrier that wants my business!!! Maybe if they see how much more this will cost them, they will get off their collective behinds and help the people that were taken in this debacle!!!

Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
Snunn0219
Enthusiast - Level 3

They emailed and asked when and how was the best way to reach me.

valerie14432
Enthusiast - Level 3

My current phone's status is that after going 2 months without ANY phone (because my S5 had died), I bought the Note 7, which I loved, and then was forced to return it not once, but TWICE, and finally forced to downgrade to a phone I hate.  I have the S7 Edge and I hate this phone.  I want Verizon to keep their promise and apply the $480 trade-in credit towards the Note 8 directly, instead of me having to pay off this phone that I never wanted in the first place!

mama23dogs
Legend

In order to take advantage of the $425 offer from Samsung, you Still have to pay off your previous phone.  That means you are paying off 2 phones at once.

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I am pretty sure I said that.

0 Likes
valerie14432
Enthusiast - Level 3

"What that tells me is someone doesn't have $400-500 to pay off their existing phone.  This says something very sad about our culture and society that we buy phones we can't pay for, but have to have the latest and most expensive phone.

What I find disturbing is we can't live within our means or be fiscally responsible.

I barely scrape by, but for sure I don't use installments or buy anything I can't pay for.  And I don't expect anyone else to pay for my choices.

Don't tell me it's about "making things right". That was done when you got a refund for the recalled phone.  Whatever choice of phone you made from there was on you.  You could have bought a cheap phone, or another phone with an annual upgrade option."

Sweetheart, you are barking up the wrong tree!  I have NO credit card debt.  I pay for everything with cash.  Did I say I didn't have $400-$500 to pay off my existing phone?  I have it and could pay it off, but I was waiting for Verizon & Samsung to follow through with their promise when I DOWNGRADED to the S7E.  Because if I pay off my stupid S7E and then get the Note 8, I'm essentially paying for 2 phones, which is NOT fair to those of us who were forced to get a phone we never wanted.

And exactly what "refund" are you referring to for the recalled phone?!  They only refunded a $49 payment or something silly like that. I was forced to downgrade to a phone I didn't want, had to re-sign a new contract and was promised they would "MAKE IT RIGHT" when the Note 8's came out.

Clearly you don't comprehend the situation the rest of us are in and I think you need to mind your business regarding everyone else's financial matters, since you are not our accountant and don't know our financial business!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scottymo247, I know how exciting it is when a new device is released and we always want you to be happy with our services. The Samsung Note 7 was a Samsung recall and as your wireless provider, we provided you with options to exchange the device. Now that the new Samsung Note 8 has been released, you must first payoff your Device Payments for your current device and then trade-in your device to purchase a Note 8. For any additional questions on any Samsung promotions, please visit www.samsung.com or contact Samsung directly by dialing 800-SAMSUNG. If you would like to proceed with any promotions we provide, I can assist with any questions or upgrades you'd like to process. 

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

valerie14432
Enthusiast - Level 3

So in other words, what Verizon is saying, is "we forced you to downgrade to a different phone, tricked you into locking into a 2-year contract, even though we TOLD YOU that you could upgrade as soon as the Note 8's came out.. so you just now have to deal with it".

T-Mobile will buy out our Verizon contract, so I will be switching to them, after being very long-time loyal customers of Verizon.

mama23dogs
Legend

Anything you paid for the Note 7 was refunded.  If that was only tax and an installment, you got it back. 

Promise?   The only "promises" were rumored by customers and employees.  Samsung made no promise except to Korean customers.  And where did Verizon make any promises?   Was it written somewhere?   Not that Ive seen.  If they did, post it.

And how is a deep discount trade in offer not a good deal in the absence of a promise?  

valerie14432
Enthusiast - Level 3

note8.jpg