Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
scottymo247
Enthusiast - Level 2

That response just shows u have no clue what u are talking about. If u went and replaced ur Note 7 with another galaxy, then there is no trade in offer, unless u somehow paid it fully off in less than a year. Samsung a aren't eligible for the early trade in promos like apples are. So the only choice there is, is to pay off ur replacement phone, and then u can trade it in for the new Note. That is the issue. Would u want to pay $400 for a phone that u were forced to get and at the time, only thought u were using temporarily? I don't think so

Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
Snunn0219
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was a customer that went back to an old phone. However, that phone died while I was waiting for the Note 8 release.

Samsung and Verizon said they would make things right with their loyal customers. They haven't.

Also, remember that many customers traded in their phones to get the Note 7 and had no phone to go back to.

There isn't anyone here that is asking either company anything out of line.

Take the $450 trade in and apply it to everyone's remaining balance on the phone they have now so they can trade in to the Note 8. It isn't anything they cannot do and it won't cost the company much more than they are already doing for everyone else. Honor and respect loyal customers.

CANWAS45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone else posted this a couple of days ago and I wanted to re-post:

Leadership | About Verizon

Go here and email the big bosses, I did to: Kenneth Dixon, because he looked like he dealt with Sales.

If enough of us complain, maybe they might do something.

I sent an email to Kenneth Dixon via this link and got the following reply:

[Removed]

I will be calling first thing Monday morning. Email Kenneth Dixon folks, that way we can be sure the RIGHT people hear from us. The people monitoring these pages and forums and working in customer service aren't the people with the authority/power to do something about this.

email removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Snunn0219
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too received a response from the executive team.

CANWAS45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you call yet? If so, what did they say?

mama23dogs
Legend

What that tells me is someone doesn't have $400-500 to pay off their existing phone.  This says something very sad about our culture and society that we buy phones we can't pay for, but have to have the latest and most expensive phone. 

What I find disturbing is we can't live within our means or be fiscally responsible. 

I barely scrape by, but for sure I don't use installments or buy anything I can't pay for.  And I don't expect anyone else to pay for my choices. 

Don't tell me it's about "making things right". That was done when you got a refund for the recalled phone.  Whatever choice of phone you made from there was on you.  You could have bought a cheap phone, or another phone with an annual upgrade option. 

0 Likes
RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

[Removed]

#1 When we got these phones, we were never told we would have to fork out $500 in one lump sum. It is a monthly pmt plan. Your comment is like saying, why buy a car if you cant fork out  $20k out of pocket. We can afford the phone monthly. Point is, we should not have to pay $500 out of pocket to get out of contracts we never even wanted. Esp when we were under the impression it was just a replacement until the next Note.

#2 Verizon is offering us that $500 back monthly over 24 months. No reason they can not just apply that to our contracts to prevent us from having a huge lump sum pmt.

#3 When we were refunded we should have gotten our upgrades back, or the 1yr eligible plan. That is a real refund like the purchase never happened. They TOOK that when we got and returned the Note 7. How was that our choice?!?!?!?!

#4 Going to an older phone was not an option for most. And guess what [Removed], many did go to old phones and still CAN NOT use the offer because there phones are not worth enough money to qualify.

off topic content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

valerie14432, Your phone experience is important to us, and we'd never want to see you go over this. We understand that to use our service, you need to have a good working phone. We regret to hear about your previous problem with your Samsung Galaxy S5. What is your current phone's status? How can we turn this experience around for you?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KJTBUG, let's work together to find solutions for your device concerns. We never want you to regret joining the Verizon Wireless family. What phone do you have currently? What is driving you to switching to the Note 8?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

No offense but that response is just silly.  Note 7 owners had to either go back to older phones or "upgrade" to a different phone due to the Note 7 recall.  AS such, just about every Note 7 owner has been waiting for the Note 8 to come out.  The S7, S7 Edge (S7 series to which most "upgraded"), S8 and S8+ are not the Note.

Samsung is offering to take a trade-in on certain phones that the Note 7 owners were forced to use in exchange for lowering the cost of the new Note 8.  Unlike Verizon, the phone does NOT have to be paid off in order to trade it in, though, if the phone was bought through another vendor, such as Verizon, users would still have to pay off that phone under the usual installment agreement.

In effect, while the credit reduces the cost of the Note 8, by payment plan, it would be equal to just about the cost of the remaining payments on the post Note 7 phone that people purchased around the general time of the recalls. It won't pay off the current phone but it reduces the cost of the Note 8.  If I figured it right, at the end of 12 payments, the Note 8 would be paid for as well as whatever remaining balance was on the post Note 7 phone with about a $20/month extra in monthly payment.

From the Samsung site: Special offer for former Galaxy Note7 Owners | Samsung US

Click on the FAQs and Terms & Conditions for the full explanation.