Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
Snunn0219
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please note my email address is not correct in my profile. Please use [Removed] to reach me directly.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dont get your hopes up. They said the same to me but keep telling me I have to pay off my S7Edge to get a Note 8. They do not care and are not budging. We just got to keep fighting, calling, complaining, use social media, etc to get to the heads.

Snunn0219
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't have my hopes up yet. But there are a lot of us and they will listen if we speak loud enough, respectfully.

Snunn0219
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting that no message has been received. Momentarily must not mean what I thought out did.

0 Likes
SjkNak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Leadership | About Verizon

Go here and email the big bosses, I did to: Kenneth Dixon, because he looked like he dealt with Sales.

If enough of us complain, may they might do something.

mwweb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually, that's not exactly true. When the Note 7 was released, it clearly stated on Samsung, and the Verizon product page, that the Note 7 was Annual Update Compatible. I remember that because I was unfamiliar with the program and had to look it up. It meant that when we had 50% of the phone paid off, we could trade it in for a new phone.

KMBALES32
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's all fine and dandy but Verizon is offering a $480 trade-in value from what I saw on their website for specific phones even if you are a non note 7 owner. Also, if you owe on your downgraded phone from a note 7, you are still required to pay it off before you can trade it in which is pretty messed up of Samsung and the cell phone provider because most of use didn't want the down grade but was forced to down grade anyways. Very unhappy Samsung owner and the S7 is the worst phone I have ever owned.

mama23dogs
Legend

mwweb wrote:

Actually, that's not exactly true. When the Note 7 was released, it clearly stated on Samsung, and the Verizon product page, that the Note 7 was Annual Update Compatible. I remember that because I was unfamiliar with the program and had to look it up. It meant that when we had 50% of the phone paid off, we could trade it in for a new phone.

The Note 7 was annual upgrade eligible, but is that the plan your on with the phone you bought in its place?

keep in mind that is a full price upgrade.  You get out of further payments as long as you make 12. And pay full price for the Note 8.   I suppose its pretty close to a break even.

0 Likes
SNOOP1975
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also in the same situation here. I had a Note3 'til I finally upgraded to the Note7. OMG, I NEVER wanted to let go of that phone! It was so powerful (especially compared to my little old Note3)!! Then the first recall. Waited in line forever at a local Verizon store, got another Note7. Still loving it. I wasn't worried as my phone never got hot when it was charging, it worked like a dream... I figured all was well. Then comes that second, final recall. My heart sank. I refused to get anything other than a Note as I had grown to love that S-pen like it was another appendage. So, I DOWNGRADED to a Note5. It was still better than my Note3, but nothing compared to how I had loved that Note7. However, I figured it was only temporary as many of us were led to believe until the Note8's popped up. So now I check my account and I have to pay 435 dollars (another 14 months) before I can take advantage of any of the Note8 special offers (through Verizon OR Samsung). That's just not fair. I didn't want to downgrade, I didn't choose to downgrade, I HAD to downgrade. That's a big difference and I agree with what most everyone else is saying... why not apply that discount we would be getting to what we still owe on the phones we HAD to downgrade to and let us have the Note8 at full price?

cehogan483
Enthusiast - Level 3

So for what it is worth, I just want everyone to think about this as it relates the upgrade.  If we still had our Note 7's (and gosh to wish I had mine), we would still be under contract for another year on that phone.  Yes, we would have had the ability to upgrade but then we would have been turning in our Note 7 and getting ZERO trade-in value and then pay full price for the Note 8.  So, it is more or less a break even.  For example, my payoff was $462.  However, then I get the $480 trade in value and I therefore come out $18 ahead.

Now the real problem with Verizon is that they are  [Removed] over because the $480 trade-in value is spread out as a $20 credit for 24 months and it ends when you pay off your phone.  So if you were to pay off your phone early, you wouldn't actually get the full trade-in value.  So either stick with the Note 8 for 2 years, or Verizon [Removed]

I just talked to Samsung support and if you follow this link: Special offer for former Galaxy Note7 Owners | Samsung US you can validate that you were a Note 7 owner and get $425 trade-in from them.  While it is a little less, they apply the full trade-in value at time of purchase and they will also allow you to pay off the phone across 2 years (and you can even throw in accessories to that special financing offer).  So in that case, I lose $37, but then at least I could pay what I would pay Verizon if I bought it with no trade-in ($40 per month) and in a year I will basically have it paid off.

Just somethings for everyone to think about.  I am probably going to go straight through Samsung because they may not be quite as good, but I truly feel Samsung regrets what happened and wants to fix it but the networks did not do anything to prepare for this and are just doing what they would normally do which sucks.  Hope everyone though is as excited to get a Note 8 as I am!  I have been struggling to function without a Note in my pocket every day.  Good night all!

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes