Poor speed test results
chubbychibi

I currently use the Note 5 and using the Speedtest app, and for over a year now I've been averaging in the single digits in both download and upload speeds, I'm located in Hawaii, any reason for such poor numbers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor speed test results
bearone21
Legend

hawaii.rr i guess, many network speeds are 5-12mbps at best & can be much less.

what speeds are you paying your isp for?

fwiw: i pay for 100mbps & get close to 100 thru isp or wi-fi with ookla speedtests.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having good speeds on our network, and we would like to take a look at your issue. What speeds are you getting on your tests? Do you get lower speeds in a specific area? Are you having issues with calls or texts?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
chubbychibi

In trying to be fair, I've done at different times of the day and at different locations on the island.

I want to say I get an average of about 6 mb for downloads and somewhere between 2-3 mb for upload, I can't remeber when it was this poor.

0 Likes
chubbychibi

I pay for 200mb and I just ran the speed test using wifi and only got 10 mb  download and 2.91 mb upload.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

paying for 200mbps, talk to your provider.

the bestyou'll get from verizon is 5-12mbps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that. If I may ask, are you mostly indoors or outdoors when you experience the service issue? EdgarT_VZW

0 Likes