Poor signal on both Note 4 phones, still no 5.1.1
Daniyarm
Enthusiast - Level 2

We own two Note 4 phones and they were both great out of the box until they updated. The signal was never great at my house but I could get 3G and have a call without drops. After the 5.0.1 update the signal has become so bad that I couldn't have a call for more than 5 minutes without it dropping. Verizon recommended a signal booster even though my work iPhone 5s on Verizon had no issues. After spending $125 on a signal booster the call quality still [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] , texts don't get sent and calls drop. I was on a telecon on my iPhone for 4 hours the other day and not even a hint of poor reception.

So Verizon, where the [removed] is my update for Note 4 to make the phones usable again? This is the last time I buy a phone that is Verizon branded.

Re: Poor signal on both Note 4 phones, still no 5.1.1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, daniyarm. Let's get your Network Extender working properly. Was there any improvement to the service once you setup the Network Extender? Do any other Verizon Wireless customers have difficulties in the area?

TimothyS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Daniyarm
Enthusiast - Level 2

The network extender is working just fine, like I mentioned my work iPhone and my father's Galaxy III are working fine with and without extender. You guys keep ignoring everyone else's problem with Note 4 and trying to blame it on setup, location, extender, etc. Just admit that 5.0.1 update broke Note 4. I paid $1400 for phones and another $125 for an extender that I didn't really need. I want a working phone that I am paying for!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Daniyarm,

We want your phone to work as it should. I also have the note 4 and a network extender as well. Let's get your phone back in working order. Just to make sure your settings are correct do you have LTE turned off or on?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Protosouls
Enthusiast - Level 3

I totally agree. Verizon, when is the Note 4 getting an update? I want my Note 4 to work. The 5.01 update broke alot of things and you guys have done little to nothing to help us.

LA58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Broke is putting it mildly. I've spent many years in my past beta testing smartphone software.  We would have never left customers with such poor software for so long. VZW has abandoned customers on Note 4 just to get us to upgrade early. This is a bad business decision that has deeply tarnished VZW's reputation with many.  If VZW is really serious about wanting to fix this, it's time to do something. How about get some of us on the beta software track for 5.1.1 or 6.0. It has to be better than the horrible release we've been marooned upon (at least it would look like someone actually cares).

I've had my phone replaced, done countless resets, dumped tons of apps,  spent hours troubleshooting, etc.  Bottom line is when when the OS takes 15% of the battery and kills it 4x faster than the prior software,  there is a problem. Fix it already.

LA58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got 5.1.1 today. Now lets see if it really gets us a fix....albeit months later than it should have been.

0 Likes
Protosouls
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you Verizon, I got the update today. I'm still hopeful for a February release of 6.0. Come on guys you can do it!

0 Likes