Picture-in-Picture Stopped working for YouTube
Xprimentyl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’ve got a Galaxy Note 9, and as recently as a week or so ago, the Picture-in-Picture (PIP) feature has stopped working with the YouTube application. I’ve tried researching the problem online, but don’t see recent mentions of the issue. PIP is a feature that allows video apps to minimize to a smaller screen and continue to play while you use other apps on your phone or tablet.

Yes, I’ve tried clearing YouTube cache. Doesn’t work,

Yes, I’ve tried force stopping the app and restarting my phone. Doesn’t work.

Yes, I’m aware that “music” videos on YouTube do not work with PIP; it has ceased to work with ALL video types.

Yes, I’ve gone into my phone’s general app settings and given YouTube permission to access PIP.

No, I do not see the PIP toggle option in the YouTube app settings, but I never had to toggle it on or off before.

Any other ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Picture-in-Picture Stopped working for YouTube
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xprimentyl, have you recently updated your device, or does your device need to updated, by any chance?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
Xprimentyl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, my phone is up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying this information for us, Xprimentyl. We understand this picture-in-picture feature is important for you, and we don't want you to complete any duplicate steps. Let's check a few settings with the Youtube app. Please open the Youtube app and let me know if you see the following options: Settings > General > Picture-in-picture (5th or 6th option). Let me know if you see an option to enable this feature here. Also, do you have the latest version of Youtube installed on your device.

You can find more information on this feature using this link. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7552722?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes