Partial refund, Verizon doesn't want to keep customers
LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had two of the original Note 7 devices and went through the whole original recall and did a swap for the "safe" Note 7 devices. That was all handled in store - no issues. Once the second and final recall occurred, Verizon had changed their practices. We were told to patiently wait up to 2 billing cycles to receive the refunds for what we paid for the Note7 devices, refund of the upgrade fees that were required by Verizon to get us all to "safe" phones (and let's not forget that Verizon kept all our money while we still had to pay out of pocket for new devices, taxes, etc), refunds for Note 7 accessories, and the $100/device if switching to another Samsung device.

Verizon - there are 9 days left in my 2nd billing cycle, which by all your FAQs I should receive all the credits due to me. I received a refund check in the mail yesterday for the taxes paid on the Note7 devices. Nothing for the $40 in upgrade fees, nothing for the $200 in Samsung credit for "upgrading" to two s7 edge devices, nothing for the $273 in accessories for the Note7 devices purchased directly from Verizon. I have friends with other carriers who are already over and done with this debacle and received their refunds and a better experience.

I don't want to hear another - wait 1-2 billing cycles, read the FAQs, etc. When will you refund me the rest of what is due to me ($513.00). I have a complete breakout so feel free to reach out to me as I have saved all receipts and records. Only receiving a small portion of what was supposed to be refunded is not acceptable.

Re: Partial refund, Verizon doesn't want to keep customers
LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

And now I am being told 3 billing cycles AFTER you receive the Note7 devices? And your representatives cannot confirm that my accessories were for the Note7 devices, despite the receipts indicating such AND showing in my documents and receipts under my account - nor can they confirm that I was charged $40 in upgrade fees on 10/11 when I had to order the S7 edge devices. How exactly are you going to get me my refund when your representatives cannot even confirm the information, despite the fact that it is IN YOUR SYSTEMS??!!

LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

And now being told I won't even be refunded for the chargers that were USB-C specific purchased from Verizon, nor the screen protectors. But don't worry - they'll go ahead and refund me the $40 in upgrade fees. Are you kidding me?!

LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

And FYI - you won't be refunded for any chargers you purchased because USB-C chargers can work with other devices, even though your new phone likely doesn't use those chargers, nor do you necessarily have those devices. But it's okay, you could hold on to them for who knows how many years until you may have a device that uses that type of charger.

Note to self and others - DO NOT PURCHASE ACCESSORIES FROM VERIZON!

MECHDILO
Enthusiast - Level 3

OMG! I had same issue. I still haven't seen the bill credits yet either. Per VZW FAQs any accessories related to note 7 should be automatically credited to account within 1-2 bill cycles. I plan to deduct what they owe me from the bill come Janunary and February if not resolved in December.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LISHRODRIGUEZ,

We certainly want you to receive back the proper credit. It is concerning to see you have not received yours yet, especially since you received a check in the mail. I have gone ahead & sent you a private message so I may look further into this for you.

ChristineJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes