PIE Update Peeves
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I got notification of the update and automatically installed, but, for maybe the first time ever, I detest this update.

Does anyone know why the carrier name is now scrolling in the upper left corner of the lock screen and/or how to turn it off?  I see absolutely no benefit to it and it is distracting; I keep thinking I have a new notification.   I am pretty positive I know who my carrier is; I don't need to be reminded....constantly.

I also do not like the new Close All option.  Sure, it allows you to see which apps are open, but, you can't select one to close..it is either close all or none.

Bixby has also come alive again and "spams" me with notifications even though I have notifications blocked/turned off in all of the Bixby  settings.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: PIE Update Peeves
Kattolio

I have no answer, but that scrolling banner is useless and annoying. I want it to stop!!!

0 Likes
EMERS738

You can slide up to close the apps individually. I cant stand it.

@tk3765 wrote:

I got notification of the update and automatically installed, but, for maybe the first time ever, I detest this update.

Does anyone know why the carrier name is now scrolling in the upper left corner of the lock screen and/or how to turn it off?  I see absolutely no benefit to it and it is distracting; I keep thinking I have a new notification.   I am pretty positive I know who my carrier is; I don't need to be reminded....constantly.

I also do not like the new Close All option.  Sure, it allows you to see which apps are open, but, you can't select one to close..it is either close all or none.

Bixby has also come alive again and "spams" me with notifications even though I have notifications blocked/turned off in all of the Bixby  settings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tk3765, completing software updates should make your device experience smoother, so I am disheartened to hear about the recent changes on your phone. I'm here to help. Based on my research, the settings for the wireless carrier and the new close all options are features that cannot be altered. However, it is certainly strange that the Bixby notifications are persisting after the changes have been made. Please follow the link to ensure that the following steps were followed to turn off the Bixby settings: http://spr.ly/6607EdOX7

After you completed this step, please power up your device in Safe Mode and see if the notifications appear. What type of notifications are appearing?
http://spr.ly/6608EdOXC

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Be sure to let Samsung know, this is their update. This does not happen on my pixel three 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are meant to enhance the phone’s operating system. It’s very upsetting to hear about the scrolling banner that’s making you upset, Kattolio. We’ve sent this feedback to Samsung, so they can keep this in mind for the next update. In the meantime, have you tried pressing and holding in the scrolling banner? This often brings up additional settings options. Please let us know if this information helps.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes