One UI 3.0 Advanced Messaging not working.
DisassemblyEdits
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra on Dec 11. Today, Dec 18, My phone received the new One UI 3.0/Android 11 update. Everything went seamlessly. The only issue that Im having now is that when I opened the Messages app native to Samsung it asked if I would like to setup the new advanced messaging feature so ofc I did. I selected "Next" and then received an error message:

"Oops. Looks like something
went wrong.
There was an issue updating you to Advanced
Messaging.There are a few reasons that might be
causing the issue:
1) Advanced Messaging may not be available if you're on a
corporate or government account. Contact the account
administrator if you have more questions.
2) You may have a feature that blocks messaging enabled for
your phone number.You'll need to turn off this feature in order to
be updated to Advanced Messaging. You can either manage
these settings through My Verizon or by giving us a call at 800-
922-0204.
You'll continue with standard messaging if you can't be updated
to Advanced Messaging."

So I tried to troubleshoot with no luck. Could not find any such feature that could possibly be preventing it from working. So I then called Verizon and they troubleshoot the issue to no avail as well. Went as far as clearing all cache and data, disabling the app, restarting phone normally and then in safe mode. Still no luck. Wondering if this feature just isn't supported by Verizon yet and if anyone else had this issue on their Note 20 Ultra after the OneUI 3.0 update? Or if it is even working on other peoples Note 20 devices. If it is working I will consider a factory reset but would rather not do it unless I know for sure that it is supported or if someone else had a solution. 

Labels (1)
Re: One UI 3.0 Advanced Messaging not working.
cehogan483
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the exact same experience. Reading things online it sounds like it works with other carriers. According to Verizon advancd messaging page, they only support the S9 and S9+ for advanced messaging.  Question for Verizon is when will this be enabled more broadly since they approved the one ui update with thus feature. 

Mjs07081
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having the same issue on both my phone and my wife's note 20 ultra.  

SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem, for some reason I can't activate the chat feature.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help, Slouly86! Which messaging app are you using? Is it the standard one that came installed or another app?

ScottD_VZW

SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using the default messaging app,

Samsung messages.

Portigy1

Same! Samsung messaging app

0 Likes
Vhartmann358
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here and Verizon tech support can't even give me a straight answer.  Does anyone from Verizon have an IQ higher than a brick?

Shaolinraiden
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm experiencing the exact same issue.  I was told to go to uBreakiFix by samsung support to have diagnostics run to test the update integrity.  Not exactly resounding success of an update.

Rich1mich1nancy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.  Samsung default messaging app.  Can't open Advanced messaging.