Old Phone Promo Trade-In Credit
bootlegcuh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded to 4 Samsung Note 7's. All with a $300 trade-in promotion. Will I still receive the $300 trade-in credit if I exchange my Note 7's?

2 of the Note 7's are activated and the old phones are ready to be mailed. The other 2 Note 7's have not been activated yet.

Trade-ins are required to be mailed in 30 days after receiving the new phones. I received the phones on October 3rd and must have trade-ins sent and delivered by November 2nd. Should I activate the Note 7's so that I can send in the old phones before the 30 day requirement is reached? Can I even activate the Note 7's now?

0 Likes
Re: Old Phone Promo Trade-In Credit
kevinr_vzw
Verizon Employee
bootlegcuh, I truly understand your concerns in the recall process for the Note7. I want to make sur...

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You'll want to start a chat or call Verizon for this. Forum moderators come around, but it can take hours or days and you want to get a response ASAP.

(I stand corrected, moderators must be on the ball because of this Note 7 fiasco) (: I personally still think it's faster to contact Verizon directly instead of wait for Private Messages (which act as e-mails.)

I imagine you could do either route; send in old phones, get the credit and then exchange the Note 7's, or simply reverse the plan, keep the old devices, return the Note 7's and start fresh. Let us know what you are told.

0 Likes
bootlegcuh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought I would try out the forums this time as I believe the help here may be more up to date with this whole situation. But I do usually just call or use live chat.

I wouldn't want to start fresh as I would have lost initial $200 off discount for each phone plus the $300 trade-in credit for each phone. So I'm thinking the 1st option you mentioned is the best, assuming I can still activate the other 2 phones.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can certainly find a lot of information through the forums, but your situation is so specific and account related that instant info seems more ideal.

You should be able to just pop an active SIM card into the Note 7's (located at the top of the phone I think?) Power it up and it should work.

Hopefully you can just complete your transaction, though I am reading that device payment plans have been removed on the Note 7's to ease the return/exchange process so definitely make sure they haven't cancelled anything on their end before you return those devices. Once returned, there is no getting them back. Which to me means, they kind of have to give you all the credits at that point...

0 Likes