Office 365 email account setup
Marvalsys
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else have a problem getting an Office 365 email account setup with the native email app on the Note 8?  Outlook for Android works fine with it but setting up through either Accounts as Exchange Activesync or via the Samsung email app doesn't work - problems with both autodiscover method (brings up a bad certificate) or manual setup.

0 Likes
Re: Office 365 email account setup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to have access to your email on your device, Marvalsys. I'm glad that the Outlook app is working for the time being. Thank you for attempting both auto and manual setup, that was just the right thing to do. Since this is not working for you, I was able to find a link for email setup that is specific to Exchange and Office 365 for you. You will find step by step instructions for setting up email through both the Gmail and native Email app: http://bit.ly/2AxY8pL . If the issue persists there is a link below for additional support to get your email up and running. Was this helpful?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Marvalsys
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks but I had already seen that link and followed those instructions to no avail.  When it gets to the "Sign in" step I get a certificate error, and if I view the security certificate presented via the autodiscover process it shows me one issued to "adobe-animal.com" .  If I do the manual setup process with outlook.office365.com as the Exchange server it just results in "Unable to set up account Authentication failed"

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Marvalysis,

It's our top priority to make sure you are able to get your email set up. Is this personal email or corporate email?

0 Likes
Marvalsys
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure I understand the question.  The email account in question is an Office 365 Business Essentials subscription that I use for business.  My business is part of a small corporation, so I suppose in that sense it is a "corporate" email.  But if you're asking if the account is hosted by a private corporate Exchange server, it is not.  It is hosted by Microsoft as part of their Office 365 offerings, and their instructions (as well as yours) say it should be setup on the Galaxy Note 8 as an Exchange/ActiveSync account.  That is the way I had it setup on my previous phone (the Samsung Galaxy S5) and it worked fine.  Microsoft support couldn't solve the problem and suggested that it was a "known" problem with the Galaxy Note 8 and said I should contact Samsung; thought I'd try Verizon and the community first.  Hoping that someone has access to a Galaxy Note 8 and an Office 365 Business Essentials email account and can actually try to set it up so I can find out if it's a problem with either my phone or my account.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Marvalsys, thank you for all that information. Having everything work on your phone properly is a must. Hearing that Microsoft states it is a known issue with your phone, sounds like this is something only Samsung would be able to help address.

We researched all information we have about your phone and were not able to see that listed as a known problem. Possibly using another email app would be best or contacting Samsung for additional assistance.

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes