Re: Note9 Pie Update - Verizon Slacking
Fashionmaverick
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is disturbing news to know we're still waiting in the wild (all VZW Note 9 users).  I was hopeful when the S9/S9+ received their One UI update, that we'd soon follow.   I just read T-Mobile is now on board with releasing the update to their Note 9 customers and join the ranks of AT&T and Sprint.   So, what's going on with VZW's ability to expedite One UI for Note 9 and be more informative about the process vs sp mysterious.   I'm vicariously living through other Note 9 users who have One UI and attempting to remain hopeful our Note 9s will have an update anyday for Android Pie.  Verizon please listen to your Note 9 consumers and provide us with the much anticipated One UI.  To be honest, the Note 9 should have received the update before the S9/S9+ especially since it was a newer device model.  Remaining loyal and hopeful for this update.  

TheManWithNoPlan
Enthusiast - Level 1

You don't even technically need to go out and buy an sd card... I side loaded pie without it... Glad I decided not to wait Ive been loving this update

Susie2057
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been with Verizon forever but I guess if i want timely updates I need to choose a different carrier. Ridiculous to have no idea when I might get the update, no security update in February and the fact that the latest Samsung phone (note 9) has been ignored in favor of the older S9 and S9+ is sad. You are terrible Verizon! 

Content modified as required by @verizon_wireless_terms

Susie2057
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was a joke! The answer was useless rhetoric. 

ModestExcuse
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have done the same, I've had Pie on my Note 9 for a few days and loving it!! As mentioned, relatively easy and it doesn't take long. Verizon should be one of the first to update, it is ridiculous that we wait so long being that Verizon is supposed to be the best. . .blah blah blah

ModestExcuse
Enthusiast - Level 1

I plan on buying an unlocked device going forward. No more of this garbage...

DrWu
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem with buying unlocked is you don't get  HD calling, or WiFi calling.  I bought unlocked this time and ended up having to flash the verizon firmware to get those features.  firmware.science has the pie update anyway so its not a big deal. 

JW64
Enthusiast - Level 1

The instructions at the link above worked flawlessly for me.   Don't understand why Verizon can't get their act together and roll this out.   

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Susie2057, your loyalty simply cannot be overlooked, and seeing you go would be an unexpected turn of events. Having the latest software update is always an exciting feeling, so I can see the reason for your inquiry. I am here to help with your device needs. Every time we release an update, we must work hand-in-hand with the manufacturer. We want to ensure for a smooth software experience for the Note 9, as we currently do for the Samsung Galaxy S9 models, so we are waiting until we are certain that it works seamlessly. Thank you for your patience as we are diligently working on it. Is there a particular reason why you are looking into the Pie update? What are you looking forward to most on the update? Is there anything currently not working on your phone?

AkaneM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Susie2057
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want the dark mode which isn't available without pie. Since the note 9 is a flagship device and newer than than the S9 and S9+ why would they get the update 1st before the note 9. The latest released phone should be updated 1st.