Re: Note9 Pie Update - Verizon Slacking
Fashionmaverick
Enthusiast - Level 3

I personally don't wanna sideload Android Pie. I just want Verizon to send the OTA software update like yesterday.

Fashionmaverick
Enthusiast - Level 3

A lot of Note 9 users actually enjoy using their sPen, like myself.  If the S10 series came with an optional sPen , like the 5G version...it would definitely be a go.  My device is right @ 6mos old and every other carrier has successfully pushed the update for their Note 9 users, so WHY THE LONG WAIT @ VZW??? Also, the Note 9 is months newer than the S9/S9+, but they're enjoyingthe rewards of Android pie/One UI, while Note 9ers remain in the wild.  Come on now you guys!!!🤔🤔🤔

Yana777
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, this is NOT an answer to my post. This rather an insult.

Your answer and concern neither honest nor relevant.  Just give us an approximate date and a valid reason for the delay.

That is all we ask for. Is it too much to ask?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RMinnich, being able to have the latest software updates is important, and I can certainly understand your concerns in regard to Android Pie availability. I will be glad to clarify. As confirmed on our Pie 9.0 for Android page, Pie 9.0 availability and release dates are determined by the manufacturer: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/android-pie-os/ I recommend bookmarking this page to stay updated as additional information becomes available: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note9-update/#/ Please keep in mind that Verizon Wireless does not oversee or code the Android operating system, and thus we are unable to provide a release date. If you run into any issues or need additional assistance please let us know.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
t4t3z0r
Enthusiast - Level 2

What?  Pie is released.  On every other provider.  The manufacturer already released it.  Try again.

t4t3z0r
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would be nice to have a mod talk to is that actually has some passing familiarity with the device and software in question.   To say it's on Samsung when a two second Google search shows all other wireless providers have pushed this update  is at best ignorance of the situation, and at worst deliberate misinformation.  The Samsung version of pie is bot only released but has been updated to fix the few bugs that were present and to include the latest security update.  Thank God for side loading or I would still be on an outdated security patch.  I understand if something major went wrong or something, but it's the lack of transparency that is getting to me.  Instead of being open about what's going on, we get non answers and are told Samsung has not released an update that has been out for a while now.  That just seems like bad business.

Naterz
Enthusiast - Level 2

To avoid having to go back to the iPhone, I'm definitely going to be moving to T-Mobile.  They have nice discounts and deals for Veterans, too.  I can't be bothered to care about this update, right now.  I've already started planning our migration to another carrier.  The iPhone is already almost paid off, so it's not even going to be that complicated.  Just port that over and trade in my Note 9 for an S10 on T-Mobile, and move on.

Paying a premium for 3rd rate customer support, and being denied smartphone updates because of cruddy VZW apps.  Thanks, but I'm going to have to jet!

RodVanderHuge
Enthusiast - Level 2

These canned, useless responses are worse than no response at all. Verizon, this behavior might have worked 10 years ago. That is, before a large chunk of the population became familiar with smartphones, how they operate, how updates work, and how to find that information. Blaming Samsung (their update timeline is awful, to be sure) for something that is very clearly your fault is insulting to all of us. We all KNOW the update exists. We all KNOW it works on Verizon since some have chosen to sideload it. We all KNOW that you're just dragging your feet. Why not just stop insulting us and give us the update already?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update was released today:

Galaxy Note 9 Update

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can relate to the anticipation of new software updates, t4t3z0r. There are many neat and welcomed features in the Android Pie release. We don't want you to feel like there is a lack of transparency, however, since it can be difficult to anticipate when all testing will be complete, it is rare to have an exact time frame for software releases. As tikibar1 correctly pointed out, the wait is over and the Android Pie update has now been released for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Here are the details: http://spr.ly/6607EXbQd I hope this helps and if you have further questions, please let us know as we are here to help. 

RyanM_VZW