Re: Note9 Pie Update - Verizon Slacking
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RodVanderHuge to keep things transparent, we're all actual live employees that monitor and respond to posts via our Verizon Community Forums. Keeping our customers informed is a top priority for us and I regret that Android Pie for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is delayed and taking longer than expected. I myself get the need for all the enhancements/security updates that come with Android Pie.

The biggest thing we focus on before any software update is released is to ensure the update itself doesn't negatively impact the use of any Verizon Wireless applications or functions, along with ensuring it doesn't impact your ability to use our network. I wish we could provide a timeline for when Android Pie will be released for the Galaxy Note 9 but don't have any exact details at this time. I'm confident the update will be available here soon.

AlanS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely hear you concern with the wait for the Android OS 9.0 Pie update for the Samsung Galaxy Note9, Thumpers67. There is no reason we would hold back such a great update for the Note9 unless it was neccessary. We are all excited for the update to be available with these devices on the best network in the US. For the most updated page on the updates for the Note9, please check out this page: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note9-update/#/.

ZaakC_VZW

0 Likes
Dannych16
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just can't believe that a company such as big as Verizon can take so long to issue an update. They claim to be the best but stuff like this shows they are far from it.

Yana777
Enthusiast - Level 1

The way to avoid this mess and angering your customers is that Verizon give relevant and truthful information about its plan and update times. We all know that exact date cannot be given due to unforeseen circumstances but.... And this is a big but, ignoring your customers never a good idea. Verizon in a monopol situation but that doesn't mean it can ignore its customers.

Statements that clear about the cause of the delay and an approximate time would be greatly appreciated.

Verizon practice inexcusable and intolerable.

galaxy_2010
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed, been with Verizon since 2011, maybe late 2010 and this is ridiculous.  I have to seriously consider switching carriers as I have friends and co-workers who have had pie for nearly a month and we cannot even get an idea on when it may be available.

This is no longer 2011 and Verizon is the one carrier that reaches where I need when I travel. 

Hey Verizon, maybe a little less customization and mucking about and more time spent "adding value to your customers."  Ever heard mouthpieces for your company say that?  How about you do it?

RMinnich
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, Verizon should be giving timeliness and dates because this is outright ridiculous. The S10 series has now launched and older devices such as the note 9 still don't have an update? Should have had the update well before the launch. Making sure things work isn't an excuse. If that's the case, why do the S9s have it? 

igott23
Enthusiast - Level 2

The S10+ phone is running pie with all of Verizons bloatware and has updates as recent at March 8th loaded on it....

Fashionmaverick
Enthusiast - Level 3

May I inquire why you'd mention the S10+, when owners of the Note 9 are expressing their dismay for not receiving Android pie/One UI on the Verizon network as of yet.  I believe we're all aware of the specs and software features for the S10 line, but sadly its irrelevant here.  Smh

Fashionmaverick
Enthusiast - Level 3

I concur wholeheartedly and don't fully understand why the long wait for note 9 owners.  Every other wireless provider has released the update for their note 9 owners, except Verizon and unlocked devices.  In a perfect world the Note 9 would have received the Android pie/One UI update before the S9/S9+ did; however, this didn't happen in our imperfect world of tech. 

t4t3z0r
Enthusiast - Level 2

You ar making sure it wont negatively impact customers!!?  We have already tested it for you.  The latest update fixed bluetooth and compass.  I've been on it since it came out.  No issues.  Without real answers, people are going to start assuming the worst, eg. "You want pie but dont want to downgrade to the s9, just buy the s10"

0 Likes