Note9 Pie Update - Verizon Slacking
LONGFUCUI
Enthusiast - Level 1

When will we receive the Note9 Android Pie update? AT&T  T-Mobile AND Sprint have already released it to the Note9. That is just sad.

Re: Note9 Pie Update - Verizon Slacking
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's always important to keep our devices up to date. We are unable to provide a specific date for the version you mentioned at this time. You can stay current with device software here:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheGuyUpNorth
Contributor - Level 1

I have been running the final official CSAA version from Samsung for the past couple weeks on my Note 9.  It can be easily sideloaded from your SD Card.  By doing this process you are in no way violating your TOS since you are not modifying your bootloader.  This is very likely to be the same OTA version that will be pushed out very soon.  Though it is speculation, there is a lot of traffic that claims to have inside connections that point to Friday, March 1.  Also since this is not a custom rom and is an official version, it will in no way block future updates including security update.  The process is quite simple and takes about 15 - 20 minutes.  Once it starts walk away, as it appear for a period of minute to not be doing anything.  A good link with good instructions can be found here  https://www.thecustomdroid.com/how-to-install-samsung-galaxy-note-9-android-pie-one-ui-update/

Another good site, but not as detailed is firmwarescience.com

cthomassimpson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seriously Verizon?

This is not good enough. No communication at ll about the delay make me questions my loyalty as a customer. 

Do I side load, or find a better carrier???? Certaily cant depend on Verizon to provide any real answers!

THarbold
Enthusiast - Level 3

The answer is that should just go ahead and side load ... easy instructions on firmwarescience web site.  simple to do direct from an SD card if you have one. I have had 0 issues with One UI, other than taking a few days to get used to some of the new gestures, etc..  loving it so far

Treadjr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Definetely faster if you side load it since sometime in 2020 when verizon will catch up to all the others who have already released it.

KempsterX5
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ received it over a month ago and this is straight up ridiculous, I love my Note 9 and will most likely get the Note 10 but I am not happy with all these delays  

Rz99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree i have been with Verizon forever i think it's time to switch when my contract is over. Verizon is the most reliable carrier and the last by a mile for updates. And they leave their customer in the dark. That's the worst. It's time to pull the olug on Verizon.

Susie2057
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sad that the S9 and S9+ got Pie before the note 9

t4t3z0r
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is such a non answer.  The ota is done and available online.  I shouldn't have to go buy a micro sd card just to get timely updates.  This is just sad