Note II removed from Verizon website: 4.3 still not out
AwesomeGaming

Hey guys. I'm here to throw out an important topic. Verizon is throwing us in the dust. We loyally bought a phone from them, and they removed it now from the site: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/smartphone/samsung-galaxy-note-ii and are the ONLY company not to release 4.3 in the US at this point http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/12/17/galaxy-note-2-android-4-3-update-almost-complete-u-s/. Where are you guys on this subject? I'd love to here it.

Thanks,

Adam

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note II removed from Verizon website: 4.3 still not out
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Removing it from sale only means that it has reached EOL for sales. It doesn't mean that they will stop supporting it through software updates now. Verizon Wireless signed an agreement with Google to support Android devices for at least 18 months from the original release date.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Removing it from sale only means that it has reached EOL for sales. It doesn't mean that they will stop supporting it through software updates now. Verizon Wireless signed an agreement with Google to support Android devices for at least 18 months from the original release date.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Serotta_James

This to me signals the end of the line for the Note 2.  Sure, big red will provide customer support for the phone, but that does not mean updating software.  After we are locked into a contract there is not a lot of reason to spend money on us.  The 4.3 update is for people buying a new phone so they feel like they are getting a good value.  If they Note 2 is not for sale any more we will NEVER see an update to 4.3 - there is no business reason for big red to spend the money on it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are some users reporting being able to download the 4.3 update for the Note2 through the update assistant via computer as of last night.

0 Likes
shaggydoophones
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just did a software check and I'm able to update to 4.3 now!!

Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

same here so happy

0 Likes