Re: Note 9 Losing Paired Bluetooth Devices
dtwitkowski
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is happening to me after the Android Pie update.  Not every reset causes the phone to lose Bluetooth, though.  It seems to happen only during the weekly auto-reboot that the Samsung add-on crapware offers.  I'm going to disable the auto-reboot and see what happens.

[removed]

Content edited as required by the Verizon Wireless Community Terms of Service

Tags (2)
blackoutlaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same problem on my Note 9. It started happening once the pie update came out and has been dropping the pairings about once a week or when ever the phone has a reboot due to updates.  Also I had this happen twice once I had more than one device in my bluetooth pairing list prior to the pie update.  The only things I have paired is my 2013 Ford mustang sync and the aftermarket kenwood dnx893s head unit.  I use the sync for phone calls and the dnx893s paring for bt music and the pandora app control.  This is getting old because it takes about 10 mins to get the pairings redone. I have to wipe out of the sync and reset its bluetooth in order for it to pair with phone.  Then have to do the same with the head unit bluetooth by deleting and cycling the bluetooth on and off.  Please figure this out. I read that you cant find this issue on the network internal to support but it is out there in droves in many forums that is how I was directed to here. We are not ignorant people that can be mindlessly told that it is not a problem when most of us in our daily lives deal with far more technical things than this  So please take this seriously 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello blackoutlaw, thank you for contacting us. We certainly don't think you're ignorant, we take these issues very seriously and want to help you find a permanent solution. We know how irritating it can to be to have to set up all your Bluetooth connections again and don't want you to have to go through this once a week. Please use the guide in the following link to reset your network settings: http://spr.ly/6606EeVdp. You will have to set up your Bluetooth devices one last time, and please let us know if the issue continues after this reset.

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
michaeljon

Happening to me as well!

0 Likes
theetails
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey seems like the reseting of network settings isn't fixing the issue, as it has been reported on the other fourms and I've tried it as well.

I have the same issue as the other's mentioned above. Not sure why using the restart function is the problem, but it might make sense. I've noticed I've stopped getting notifications from the pre Samsung installed app that reminds me to restart and gives me a status on my phone.

Tbonepdx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine too!  About once a week now it loses ALL Bluetooth paired devices.  Headphones, earpiece, watch, both cars, home stereo, portable speaker, ALL OF THEM.

Please fix this!!!!  Inexcusable for a $1,000 "phone."

Either that or start issuing partial refunds/reimbursements to every user who has this problem.  I'm sick and tired of having my electronic devices f***ed up by an "update."  I didn't buy my phone this way, and an update made it this way.  Consumers need protections, and we don't have them.  This needs to be addressed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

In a recent dive into this thread's subject, I noticed that there was a recent update pushed out on April 15th for the Note9.
Do the Bluetooth connections remain after this update? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note9-update/
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer too and I sincerely understand your discontent with the Bluetooth issue outlined in your post, Tbonepdx. You indicate that a software update made your phone work this way and we want to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Since the issue started after a software update, it is possible that the update was not completed correctly. No worries, the manufacturer has a Software Repair tool that is designed specifically to repair the update and resolve any post software update issues. Please run the Software Update Repair tool as per this link (http://spr.ly/6605E5Vc7) and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
somethingelse99

During the installation of the latest update (4/15/19), the Bluetooth devices remained paired after my phone restarted.  Now two weeks later after restarting the phone manually, the connections are gone.  Has a solution to this been found?  I see that the problem has been ongoing since release.

0 Likes
FRATARFOR

Same issue here.  Started 1-2 months ago.  I never saw a correlation w/device restarts though.  I have mine paired to a galaxy watch, so I noticed the exact moment it disconnected this morning, no restart was involved.  It is incredibly annoying.  I've stopped pairing it with my car due to the nuisance.  A resolution would be most appreciated...

0 Likes