Re: Note 8 is not receiving all text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AidsMcGhee, we understand how important it is to get your messages right away. What signal is your phone getting from us? Is this happening with all your messages are just ones from certain contacts?

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AidsMcGhee

My phone is always 4 bars and always on LTE. And I am also usually on wifi. And my other contacts have an iPhone so it's usually iMessage. But it happened again last night expecting a text saying they made it home ok, and I woke up at 3am wondering if they were even alive. I checked Messages+ app and it wasn't there.

0 Likes
samanthat_vzw
Verizon Employee

AidsMcGhee, thanks for sharing those important details. We would never want you to miss out on any important messages. We’re going to do everything we can to help get this fixed. For starters, we’d like to clarify some key details based on your recent messages.

You’ve mentioned that you’ve had this issues with other devices and you’re currently using an iPhone X. Are you using the original messaging app to communicate via iMessage with your other contacts? If so, have you experienced any issues with sending or receiving iMessages?

When did you originally start to experience this issue with Messages+? Is there anyone else besides your girlfriend that you use Messages+ with? Does your girlfriend use the Messages+ app on her phone as well?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AidsMcGhee

I use the stock messages app that comes with iOS.

iMessages always work.

Using the stock messages app (on iOS), my texts (SMS, not iMessage) always send. But sometimes they don't get delivered to her.

Using her stock messages app (on Android), her texts (SMS, not iMessage) always send. But sometimes they don't get delivered to me.

I use Verizon's Message+ app to ONLY CHECK for texts that didn't get delivered to either of us. But Message+ doesn't always show every text that has been sent or delivered

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AidsMcGhee, thanks so much for this information as it does help. I know your initial response to us was regarding text messages that don't always come through from your girlfriend. Does this issue happen with anyone else? What are you experiencing with the other functions of your device, i.e. calls and data?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AidsMcGhee

Like I said, everyone else I know has an iPhone so we use iMessage. Phone calls and data are usually perfect. The messages don't always get delivered on her end either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AidsMcGhee, let's continue to work together to get this fixed. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Crains1216
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this exact SAME problem! I have been to the Verizon store 4 times in the last month. They have replaced my SIM card, wiped my cache, gone in and changed settings through the tech coach help app, and still nothing. I have a Galaxy S8+ and I use the Google Messenger app. I'm really glad to know this isn't an isolated problem, but I am growing more and more frustrated, as I now have to communicate with people through Snapchat/Facebook Messenger. This is the only way I can ensure I get their replies. Please help me!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crains1216, being able to message on your device is important. We don't want you feeling this way. Help is here. Describe exactly what is happening. What patterns have you noticed? Are you only having troubles with Google Messenger?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Crains1216
Enthusiast - Level 1

So my problem is exactly how the others describe it. I went into my

Messages Plus app and I have almost 200 messages that I didn't receive.

Just like the others, they work perfectly in the Verizon message app but I

prefer Google Messenger. I also noticed that every message I didn't receive

in Google Messenger shows as being sent twice on Message+.

What can I do to make sure 100% of my messages come to Google and I can

make that my default again?

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017, 3:30 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes