Note 8 Pie Update
Dishy77
Enthusiast - Level 1

When will the Note 8 recieve the Pie update?  While AT&T and Sprint have already rolled it out, people with the Note 8 are still waiting.  There is no information anywhere when googled as to when we will get the update.  Do I need to think about changing carriers?  I'm shocked that Verizon is seriously lagging on this update.  Verizon is usually the first one to roll out anything.  I'm giving it two more weeks.  If I don't see this update I am taking my business elsewhere.  That's 2 smartphones and 2 tablets, plus our business account.

Labels (1)
Re: Note 8 Pie Update
YARNSRJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

WWe'l see if Verizon pushes it out over the weekend. I does blow that my friend's Note 8 on AT&T just got Pie last night. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dishy77,

I know how important it is to have the latest and greatest software on your Note 8. Verizon Wireless continuously works with device manufacturers to keep devices up to date with the latest features, services, operating systems and security patches. Our priority is to ensure you have a fully functioning phone so that you are not impacted with any bugs that may come with the software update. As of now, I don't have a specific date on when it will be pushed to your device. 

We want don't want to lose you and your business and we want to ensure we get all of your concerns addressed. Is there something wrong with your phone right now? What specific function are you looking for with the latest software? 

JenniferL_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RThomas433
Enthusiast - Level 3

See how they answer your question, they want to keep your business but won't give you a firm answer about the update.

They told me the other day it could be April or May before releasing Pie. Verizon has had the update for about three weeks from Samsung. Samsung says it;s up to the carrier as to when they release it. So Samsung has done thier job on giving the update to them. Why Verizon wants to hold it back is beyond me.

I, like you am thinking about switching carrier's, one that gets the updates out in a timely matter.

xxxxxxxcc
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • Don't hold your breath. Verizon dedicates the fewest resources to their updates as evidenced by the fact that they are usually the last carrier to update. Talk is cheap and the fact that the Note 8s on Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile all have their Pie updates tells you all you need to know.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yarnsrj, We definitely understand your concern. The software updates are vital and are needed to make sure your device continues to operate correctly without fail. Keep in mind that we have to wait for the software developer to send us the update. Once we receive it we make it available to our users right away. I recommend keeping an eye out on our software update link below. Does this help?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note8-update/ DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
cmtmcelroy
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, that doesn't even pretend to be an answer.

0 Likes
YARNSRJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

So PIE 9.0 is rolling out tomorrow April 4 for Verizon... 

0 Likes
RThomas433
Enthusiast - Level 3

Shows it's out now for the S8 as of 4/3/19.

0 Likes
DONHAR6
Enthusiast - Level 1

The web site shows it is available but my note is not getting the update.   I have tried to us the updater from Samsung but it says the phone is on the most current version.

0 Likes