Note 8+ - Bluetooth - need to reset nearly once a day
HofVer
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Note 8+ is having major bluetooth issues with several devices.  It sporadically connects with my ford explorer.  Case in point, it may connect coming out of my garage but if I stop for gas, it will not connect when I re-start it.  Then I have to clear cache, clear data, force stop.  Then it reconnects...for a while.

For my bose headphones, it will connect for music but then a call will come in, it won't pick up.  When I go into the settings, it won't let me slide the bar to ON for calls, it won't do it.  I then reset Bluetooth and it works fine again.

I am reseting bluetooth several times a week.  I have also done a factory reset and have no plans to do it again because it is a pain to re-configure everything.

I think I have proven it is not a ford issue or bose issue.

Please advise because I still have 5 months left on my contract.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Note 8+ - Bluetooth - need to reset nearly once a day
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of having everything work properly on your phone, especially the Bluetooth service. We are here to help.

Hearing that the issue happens with more than just one device, would point to a problem with the Bluetooth or antenna in the phone itself. Have you tested your phone out after resetting the network settings of the phone? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-214319/

Also, have you checked if the manufacturers offer an app for connecting to the devices with your phone. We know that some of the Bluetooth devices from Bose requires an app on the phone for all the features of the headphones to work.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
HofVer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried the reset.  I will give is a couple of days to see the results.  My fingers are crossed.

As for the apps.  I have the apps for my Bose headets, UE Boom speaker, Fitbit...

Thank you for responding...I will keep you updated.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

could be  a vehicle issue or an area you travel thru repeatedly, that has poor reception.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping posted, HofVer! We will be on standby to continue to help you.

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes