Re: Note 7 upgrade fee for final replacement
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

The person I chatted with said that I should have gotten the $25 for the first recall. I told him I got the $100. credit but he  said I should have gotten it. I have seen on here where people have gotten both but maybe that was a mistake or they  (Verizon ) changed their minds .I will have to call Samsung and see what they paid Verizon back for this mess

0 Likes
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

Kathy65793, Dbeak: It has been documented in many discussions within this forum and I do my best to paraphrase:

$25 rebate for inconvenience for first Note 7 recall.

$100 promotional rebate if replacement Note 7 (that is Note 7 #2) is exchanged for any Samsung smartphone.

Note the stipulation that replacement phone be Samsung brand to receive $100.

So in my case as I stayed with Samsung and have only one phone subscription, my total rebate was $125.00

This is no mistake.

This further leads me to suggest that a family with two phones (note 7) who bought them before the first recall and stayed with Samsung brand should receive $250.00 as loyalty/inconvenience rebate.

0 Likes
Dbeak
Contributor - Level 1

Kathy65793, rgang50 Thank you both for the info regarding the $25 credit that was offered after the first recall. As I previously stated I thought that credit was lumped into the $100 credit and never gave it  second thought until reading both your posts. I did a live chat and the $25 credit hit my Verizon account immediately! Thanks again! Smiley Happy

0 Likes