Note 7 clarification
marktina17

First question: What is the time limit to return my Note 7 for a full refund/exchange/credit?

Second question: Since I am being forced to exchange(downgrade) my Note 7 for a lower model that I never would have considered as an upgrade in the first place, why am I being locked into a new two-year contract when I do the exchange? Shouldn’t there be some flexibility if I wanted to go to a newer phone in a few months (S8 for example) without incurring any penalties??

Thanks for any info.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 7 clarification
anthonyc_vzw
Verizon Employee

I am happy to help answer your questions about the Note 7 recall, MARSAB35. I apologize for any confusion. If you exchange your Note 7 for a different phone at a discounted price it will require a two year contract. You may return your Note 7 for a refund and activate an old phone if you wish. If you purchased the Note 7 with a new two year contract we have already reset the dates automatically to 8/1/16. If you purchased the Note 7 with a device payment agreement we have automatically canceled it. This means your upgrade and contract dates will be preserved for you to use at a later time if you prefer. We are still expecting you to return the Note 7 at your earliest convenience. There is not a specific time frame for returning your device announced yet. May I ask if you received a recall box to send it back yet?

AnthonyC_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
doloresk_vzw
Verizon Employee

We understand you love your Note 7 and it's hard to let go. We suggest you return the device as soon as possible as your safety is our number one concern. We want you to understand you are not being forced to downgrade. You many wonderful devices available to you or you can even provide your own. If you would like to upgrade you can do so using My Verizon (desktop and mobile web). Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

0 Likes
DCGUCCI1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can just keep this note 7 for awhile , its basically a free 900 dollar phone, no payments... until this gets worked out

jmcolter
Enthusiast - Level 3

We are basically being forced to downgrade. None of your other "wonderful devices" currently available come close to the feature set the Note 7 offered. Most of us used our upgrade eligibility on the Note 7, because that's what we wanted. There are also some of us that no longer have an old device to fall back on. So yes, we are being forced to downgrade to a phone we don't want and will be stuck with for two years with no option to upgrade to a device we actually may want without incurring additional and substantial fees. This is absolutely unacceptable given the situation and shows a true lack of customer service on the part of Verizon.

MARSAB35
Enthusiast - Level 2

So you're confirming that if I "upgrade"(because I'm forced to stop using my Note), then my two year contract starts again on a phone that I never wanted to begin with? In the off chance that I get a hold of an old phone and activate it, will my "upgrade eligible" be preserved on my account so I can use it at another time?? Lastly, you didnt answer my previous question: what is the time limit to return the Note for a full refund or exchange?

0 Likes
anthonyc_vzw
Verizon Employee

I know this is not an ideal situation, jmcolter. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. Our number one goal is to find the perfect phone to fit your needs. May I ask what specific features you were looking for? Sadly keeping the Note 7 device is not an available option, but we are here to help with any questions you have about our other smart phones. Keep us posted.

AnthonyC_vzw

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jmcolter
Enthusiast - Level 3

AnthonyC_vzw, I understand the fact that keeping the Note 7 is not an option and I really don't see where I alluded to wanting to do that in light of the issues with the phone. So now that we're past that...

It's really not that hard to grasp what I'm asking for. Let me lay it out for you.

• I want to switch to a safe phone. Not "upgrade" as VZW is trying to pitch it.

• I do not want to lose my "Upgrade Eligibility" because there are no available phones that I truly want, nor want to be stuck with for two years. None. The End.

• I want the option to actually UPGRADE to a phone that I will actually care to spend my money on in the future. This may be the Galaxy S8/Edge or the Note 8 (or whatever similar device they may release).

• I want to be able to upgrade to this device without incurring additional costs or have to pay off a phone I did not want in the first place.

Those affected by this Note 7 recall should be able to switch to a safe device, while still keeping their upgrade eligibility to allow them to pick a device they may actually want when that device is available in the future.

I don't believe this is that hard to understand, nor is it unreasonable given the situation.

Casper1102
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted Verizon twice today and was told by both reps that we can request Verizon to manually change the"payoff" if the new phone from 100% to 50%.... hopefully it wasn't then blowing smoke

diredup
Enthusiast - Level 3

Look behind you................I don't think that's dust coming from your back side.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

jmcolter,

We truly do appreciate you laying out your very specific requests regarding the Note 7 recall process.

We are also here to advise you of the available options at this time.

Please understand that we also want to you make the switch to a safe phone. This national recall has been very difficult for all parties involved.

Switching to a safe phone does not require you to proceed with an upgrade at this time, but we have made the upgrade date available for you.

You do have the option to activate an older phone on that line. This can be a phone you already used or if you have a friend or family member that has a phone they are not using, you can also activate that on the account. We also have Certified Pre Owned devices Certified Pre Owned Replacement Devices | Verizon Wireless

When there is a phone available that you desire, you can take advantage of the upgrade at that time. These are the current options for the situation at hand.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes