Re: Note 7 Replacement Trade in for Note 8
RAGEMA94
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everyone here is complaining about Verizon not cutting them a break...and how they are stuck with this phone because of device payment agreements.

Does anyone realize they don't have to buy phones from Verizon in the first place?

You can buy unlocked phones directly from the manufacturer.

If you hate being "stuck" then don't buy from Verizon, it's not that hard. They provide a service to your cellphone, doesn't mean you have to buy the cell phone from them...

But wait...you would most likely be stuck in the same situation with the manufacturers payment agreement...oh darn....sericoulsy, y'all have working phones? Great, then stop complaining.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What part of it's not Verizon's responsibility to remedy this situation are you people having a hard time grasping?

emoorman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly. I don't even have to have the half off discount. Just allow me to upgrade without the unreasonable request of paying $400 out of pocket.

We were forced to get a phone we didn't want. The note 7 debacle wasn't a standard situation, but Verizon is holding us to standard rules.

Best solution for both parties would be to allow us to upgrade and forfeit the 'up to 50%' off promotion. Vzw is actually losing more money that way, but it ensures that we stay on their network, so I get it. Smh.

DEVILDOG_DAME
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list of Note 7 customers that are being misled and lied to! I am in the same boat as everyone else, so no need to reiterate what the problems are currently.

What I will say is that we were all misled and lied to from both Samsung and Verizon. Yes Samsung is ultimately responsible for the debacle, but Verizon made promises to keep customers and renigged on the entire promise... the promise that they will make it right once the new Note comes out. It is not the customers fault in any way. Samsung is the supplier, Verizon is the seller, and if you ask anyone in sales it always is the ultimate responsibility of the seller to take care of an end users problems. If not then Verizon should stop selling phones and stick to selling their network service, something they can control 100% themselves.

In simple terms.... either make this right immediately or face a class action suit! Can you hear us now Verizon? We just want what was promised to us... nothing more... nothing less. Please fix this as we have been loyal to both Samsung and Verizon for a year through all of this mess.

LAUMAZ92
Enthusiast - Level 2

A person on this conversation,   suggested to us to contact Executive Relations to work out some sort of deal.

I tried connecting,  of course went through customer service.    Was put on hold for not  a long time,  but when the customer service came back on,  I was told no one was available to speak with me at that time and could I be called back the following day.   That was 3 days ago,  no callback.   So again,  I was ignored…

Has anyone connected with Executive Relations and got any results?

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

DEVILDOG_DAME wrote:

Add me to the list of Note 7 customers that are being misled and lied to! I am in the same boat as everyone else, so no need to reiterate what the problems are currently.

What I will say is that we were all misled and lied to from both Samsung and Verizon. Yes Samsung is ultimately responsible for the debacle, but Verizon made promises to keep customers and renigged on the entire promise... the promise that they will make it right once the new Note comes out. It is not the customers fault in any way. Samsung is the supplier, Verizon is the seller, and if you ask anyone in sales it always is the ultimate responsibility of the seller to take care of an end users problems. If not then Verizon should stop selling phones and stick to selling their network service, something they can control 100% themselves.

In simple terms.... either make this right immediately or face a class action suit! Can you hear us now Verizon? We just want what was promised to us... nothing more... nothing less. Please fix this as we have been loyal to both Samsung and Verizon for a year through all of this mess.

I couldn't disagree with you more. If this were an Apple issue would you go to Verizon? No because you can go to an Apple store. Even though Samsung doesn't have stores, they still ARE the seller of the product. Verizon is the retailer. Like Best Buy. If you bought a Samsung TV from Best Buy and it malfunctioned, would you go to Best Buy and demand a replacement? I think you'd call Samsung and get the problem fixed with them. Why would this be any different? It is Samsung's product not Verizon's. You should be after Samsung to remedy the situation. If you didn't have a back up phone to use while waiting for the Note 8 or a phone that you WANTED to purchase, only you are to blame. You should never NOT have a spare device or two in the event of an emergency.

Kidcrosby
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to buy a new note 8 at sams club yesterday. I was gonna add a line and give my kid my s7 replacement from my previous note 7. Sale wouldn't go through and flag came up sayimg send customer to coporate verizon.  They didnt know why. I went to corporate verizon and they said it looks like verizon was starting a new promotion starting the next day (today the 20th) where they would pay off note 7 replacent phones and allow upgrade to note 8.  Deal applies at all official verizon stores like Costco and i think best buy too so their promotions should be honored too.  Sams club isn't an authorized verizon store but rather a 3rd party middle man so it doesn't apply there.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

CostCo and BestBuy aren't official Verizon Wireless stores either. They are also third party retailers.

Check here Verizon Stores Near Me | Verizon Wireless for all stores. To filter out only corporate stores, select -Do not include authorized retailers- before your search.

0 Likes
LMIRACLE25
Enthusiast - Level 1

Previous note 7 owners paying monthly for the traded phones receives 0 benefits from being forced to return our note 7 phones. I was on the phone saying your exact words to Verizon and Samsung. Thinking about going with the iPhone. I did not want this galaxy S7 edge, but I had no choice. I refuse to pay them 500.00 to upgrade. I will wait and get the new iPhone 8. They clearly know we have not had the traded in phones long enough to be paid off.

emoorman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just picked up the note 8. They'll do a forced buyout and place the remaining balance on your next bill along with a credit of the same amount.

You can't turn your phone in until the credit is applied.

It took a while but I'm glad a solution was found. I was told that we would still qualify for the 50% off promo.