Note 7 Replacement Didn't Ship Next Day?
Candle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered a replacement for the recalled Note 7 - a Galaxy S7 Edge. According to the FAQ on the recall, those were supposed to ship via next-day shipping.  Because of that, I see through FedEx tracking that my replacement phone is sitting at my local FedEx and awaiting shipment tomorrow. I called FedEx because I thought maybe I could pick it up there, but they said Verizon prohibits early delivery or pickup. Can Verizon contact FedEx and let them know I should be able to pick that up?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 7 Replacement Didn't Ship Next Day?
Mihos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same thing happened to me, in fact maybe worse.  I followed instructions on the e-mail... selected my note 7, upgraded existing with another Samsung device.  My device isn't due until tomorrow after shipping Friday and my card was charged full process for the S7 + tax + restock fee.  I can't get through on the phone and chat is greyed out, I have no idea what I have done at this point.... but it looks like I just bought a phone and still have a note 7.  I am not on contract and always buy outright.

0 Likes
steveng_vzw
Verizon Employee

Candle, we always want our valuable customers like yourself to get your phone when you are supposed. We know the importance of getting a replacement for that model phone as soon as possible. We are happy to help review your order with you. However, once an order has been shipped, its shipping requirements cannot be changed.

We have sent you a Private Message, please respond to that message only going forward.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mihos
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did exactly as that faq describes.  Word for word, no deviation.  My Note 7 was preordered and paid in full from the same online store in the header of this site.

The first indication was that something was wrong was that the device didn't ship next day (should be here tomorrow, FedEx is sitting on it for another day because of the ship method). 

Second is, I was charged for tax, full price, and activation fee.... not as pending, but fully charged and deducted, gone.

That being said, me paying credit card interest on a $860 charge for 1 to 2 months isn't really what I had in mind... especially when in reality, I am already upside down with the price difference in the 2 devices + $100 since I have upgraded to another Samsung device + about $100 in accessories not purchased/available from Verizon.   I will do like I always do and pay the balance at the end of the month to prevent that.

I finally got through on chat and they should have taken care of my particular case.  but in short, the process described in that faq is easily broken and there is no indication in the receipts or otherwise that the device is a Note 7 replacement.  At most, it should have shown up as a hold that would be released once the Note 7 is returned, if I was to trust the message would get from Samsung to Verizon that the device made it.

0 Likes