Re: Note 7 Recall
ODILACLARET
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you can not use a feature of your device because it overheats it means your device is defective. I expected to see Verizon providing precise instructions to avoid get injured and precise information of how they will implement the recall. Instead they have been playing with us, their clients. Verizon is taking us for granted. Big mistake.

wjc3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me and my wife have the N7, she's with AT&T and I just switched to Verizon a week ago. We went to AT&T first to return her N7 and they exchanged it with no issues whatsoever. They stated that when the good batch of N7's come in, she can turn her interim phone in and get the N7 again. They even offered to buy back her accessories. Happy wife, happy life. Now we walk into the Verizon store and it's a totally different atmosphere. AT&T reps greets you at the door and stay with you until you walk out satisfied. Verizon reps...I had to search for them. I informed the V rep that I would like to exchange my phone because of the recall. His first response was...all recalls all voluntarily and I won't be able to get the N7 back when Samsung release the good batch. I proceeded to explain to him that other carriers are honoring Samsung return policy, why isn't Verizon. All he can tell me was he talked to corporate and they're not going to. So whatever interim phone I decide to get to replace my N7, I'm basically stuck with it. I decided to take a chance and kept the N7 hoping nothing happens. Maybe Verizon will change their policy in a day or two. Is this the type of customer service I switched over to? I'm very tempted to go back to my previous carrier since I'm still within my rights to cancel without penalty.

sztheday2006
Enthusiast - Level 3

My only expectation was that the company I have chosen for 23 years to be my wireless provider would at least take an active role in informing me, their customer, of acknowledging the issue that has garnered many headlines as existing and their willingness to be attentive to customers' concerns and make the exchange process as simple as possible for their customers. Not an unreasonable expectation at all. It's a growing competitive market for cellular providers and good customer service is how companies keep and even gain customers during a situation like this. I never expected ATT to go the extra mile and offer temporary interim devices until all exchanges could be made. I am disappointed and frustrated with Verizon's response, or lack thereof: not unreasonable.

jimmyzoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm with you 100%. I'm hoping I don't have to go to a store, awful experiences there and it's always very time consuming.

Not sure if you saw my other posts, but I'm going to go through Samsung. Hopefully it'll be resolved quickly and at least they're offering a little more for this inconvenience. I'm going to call them on Monday and will keep the forum updated.

0 Likes
wjc3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've read the whole thread. What's funny is that AT&T sent my wife a text last night about the recall and instructions on returning the N7. I'm still waiting on Verizon to put something on their website about it. Please keep the forum updated.

Zodosh

I went into a Verizon store just to get information on the recall. I was told to call tech support after the holiday weekend. My wife and I are going to keep our N7 until we know we will get a new improved phone. We are use to the note.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

wjc3 wrote:

I've read the whole thread. What's funny is that AT&T sent my wife a text last night about the recall and instructions on returning the N7. I'm still waiting on Verizon to put something on their website about it. Please keep the forum updated.

Not on their website? What do you call this? Samsung Galaxy Note7 | Verizon Wireless  Or this? Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Recall Or this? Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Recall Or this? Samsung Galaxy Note7 Support | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

deaellis
Enthusiast - Level 2

26 of the fires on the Note 7's were using the "OEM" chargers that came with phone!

jimmyzoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've posted that Samsung has acknowledged this as being a defect. What don't you understand? Your posts haven't been at all constructive to the OP's original question nor contributing to the actions required to be taken. Now, you're just trolling.

Play it safe and swap your Note 7 because of the recall | Android Central

0 Likes
Jd1010
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has been an interesting thread. After all is said and done, we should all have new phones. I'd love to know the percentage of people that remain with the N7 as opposed to those who opted for "inferior" non-explosive devices.

We all manage risk, every day. The odds of being struck by lightening (1 in 350K in Florida), of being a pedestrian struck by a car (1 in 4,292), or of dying in our sleep (1 in 6,472). Now we have a "new" risk: that of having our N7 spontaneously combusting (apparently 1 in 28,751 in our case). How do we manage? Largely with blissful ignorance in the face of necessity. We stay in Florida, walk the streets, and go to bed. And we use our N7's pretty much as usual, insulating the nightstand from the charger with whatever is handy (not really, but if it makes you feel better), until the day that our replacement N7 finally shows up.

There is NO acceptable risk if the phone's user happens to be my daughter. But it isn't a "new" risk, either. In 2004, this US News and World Report headline: "Exploding cell phones a growing problem." Bing "What are the odds of my cell phone catching fire?"

So, we aren't dealing with a new risk, but the manufacturer's response is VERY unusual -- not what you would expect from a major corporation. No foot dragging. Zero. And relatively open pockets in an effort to repair damages. Think back to Apple's Antennagate. Verizon? Well, just in providing an avenue of recourse they're doing about what I'd expect from a provider. If I can meander into one of their stores and walk out with a new replacement N7 at no charge 15 or 20 days from now, all with limited hassle, I'm happy. I'd be happier if they'd just deploy their recycle program, automatically send us our new phones and have us return our explosive ones.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. . .