pherson
Champion - Level 1

I like that.

0 Likes
Re: Note 7 Recall
jimmyzoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

great news, Verizon's sending text messages:

FREE VZW MSG:  On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee. If you wish to return or exchange the device, please visit the store you purchased it from. When you return your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and buy another smartphone you will get up to $25 off any accessory.  Learn more at https://news.samsung.com/global/statement-on-galaxy-note7.

It's not clear if/ when they will get non-defective ones and whether you can exchange for a non-defective one, but at least Note 7 owners are being notified of the defect. Good job!

Going to call Samsung on Monday and see if they will replace the one I have. And they offer a $25 gift card, doesn't force you to buy only accessories.

0 Likes
jimmyzoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

trying to delete the 'sorry' post as it's now out of context, but can't seem to do it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, you have only five minutes to edit a post. After that you have to ask the moderators to edit it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Casper711

Mine doesn't get hot while charging but it does get extremely hot while watching Netflix or videos or even while shooting videos. It got so hot yesterday I stuck it to my ex's leg and she jumped.  She thought I stuck a lighter to her leg haha.

0 Likes
Casper711

Mine gets extremely hot when watching netflix.....and I mean like almost fire hot. 

0 Likes
mako42
Enthusiast - Level 3

I find this interesting because my LG G4 used to get very warm while charging yet my Note 7 is cool. It doesn't matter if I use rapid charge or wireless the phone does not heat up at all. I suppose this could be a bad sign but I look at it as a very good situation. I'm concerned that if I trade for a new one, the new phone may actually be worse. I don't want to have to turn off rapid charge to keep the phone cool. And I want to continue to get more than a days use from a single charge. What to do?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

That is certainly up to you. If you ignore the recall and then have a problem with the phone later on, you may be on your own.

Fashionmaverick
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke to a Verizon rep on yesterday 9/13/16 to receive more clarification concerning note 7 exchanges/replacements.  He said Verizon wasn't offering loaner phones and once you executed an exchange for another device till the new and improved note 7s arrived... You would be entering into another agreement and would be paying full retail value because you had already exchanged the device prior.   So he recommended I do what was in my best interest,  whether if be continue using the device despite the recommendation of CSPC,  Samsung & Verizon to shut off devices or find and old phone to reactivate on my account.   The rep was nice,  but vague.   I also,  inquired about the $25 gift card or bill credit for a courtesy of being inconvenience or good faith stated on Samsung's official site and he said Verizon wasn't participating in that either.   The rep stated Verizon was ONLY waiving the nonstocking fee you mentioned in your post until 9/30 and he did express they could possibly extend the date (but that wasn't written in stone).   I spoke to this individual for a while about the latest updates and posts concerning note 7.  He also,  advised me that they had no knowledge or dates when the replacement 7s would be available.   He gave me hypotheticals of possibly the end of the month or maybe next month.  I left the conversation still perplexed on how long I will be waiting to replace my device and not having an option of a loaner/backup device like other rival providers are offering their customers til this debacle is rectified.  Good luck!

rcschnoor
Legend

Others have reported that they have been successful in getting a loaner phone from Verizon. You may try another store or CS rep and get a different response than what you have already gotten.

Fashionmaverick wrote:

So he recommended I do what was in my best interest, whether if be continue using the device despite the recommendation of CSPC, Samsung & Verizon to shut off devices or find and old phone to reactivate on my account.

I'm not sure how using a phone which could possibly explode when using it could be in ANYONE's best interest, but that is just my opinion.

0 Likes