Re: Note 7 Recall Details
radnj1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

something to make crystal clear, the "loaners" verizon will give you is only if you are waiting for a Note7 replacement. During my experience at the corp store yesterday the rep said if I were going to wait for replacement note 7 they could active any samsung device for me on the spot as a "loaner" and then when the new note 7's were available they would swap it back for me -- all fee free. The "loaner" really is they are exchanging the device with a new one and starting a new agreement on whichever new device you picked. Otherwise, I'd have to return the Note 7 and active any other non/samsung new device on the spot.

VladTheImpala
Contributor - Level 1

Samsung is still working their way through this like someone trying to find a light switch in a dark room. Might this result in another 'lost' generation of the Samsung Galaxy Note series? How do lithium batteries degrade over time? I must have dozens of these batteries in older devices around my home.

indianafanatic68
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just re-activated my LG G3, to replace the active Note 7 on my line.  l am a bit leary about how/when/if I will get a Note 7 replacement phone.  I'm hoping that Verizon will reach out to me again once new approved units are in stock, but they didn't tell me that.

GAYLET416
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Until time of approval, select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, with a Samsung J Series loaner phone to use until new Note7s are available."

Per Facebook chat with Verizon rep - 2 of them - Verizon is not participating in this "loaner program"

varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, again the frustration of inconsistency.  I haven't talked to Verizon stores locally about the loaner.  I figured I would wait until Monday as the weekends are usually crazy busy with just regular customers.

I hope I find that my local stores will have loaners as I have no fallback phone because I did a trade-in. 

I wonder if Verizon plans to do loaners or if the 2 reps you talked to were not informed.

As a side note, when the latest Samsung  "Power Off" alert came out, I did click on each carrier link included and noted that the only one that was not very informative was the Verizon one.  Each carrier had a special alert whereas Verizon just ported you to the Note 7 Sales page on their Shop tab. 

I will be interested to see what others post on their experiences with loaner phones from Verizon.

ninjahh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Samsung this morning regarding the email that was sent out in the middle of night. I explained that I was with Verizon and that they had already told me that they would NOT be providing any loaner phones at all. Samsung said "let's get them on the phone right now because I need to hear it".... on hold for 20 minutes. Samsung rep said he was unable to get through to Verizon and that they ARE to provide us with a loaner phone until the new Note 7's were available...at which time we could then return the loaner phone and get our new device. Samsung instructed me to go to a Verizon store and if they still refused a loaner phone under those terms to have the store call 1-800-SAMSUNG. The Samsung rep said that they need to hear the refusal themselves, and if they hear this then SAMSUNG will provide a loaner phone (how, I'm still not sure...).

So... then I got on the online chat with Verizon.  This is what the rep typed to me:

KENYETTA: I can definitely understand your frustration with your new device and I apologize that you are dealing with such a complications with your new device but to answer your question about the loner phone you can go into any Verizon store and they are allowed to give you a phone until your new device is replaced

So... I call the Verizon at the corner (they are an authorized retailer)... THEY said that NO... THEY will not give a loaner phone...but maybe the corporate Verizon would.... I've been trying to call the two corporate stores near me and keep getting re-routed to Verizon Tech Support.... who THEN tries to call the store for me too and gets no answer.

BACKSTORY -

Previous attempts to resolve this included Verizon apologizing and telling me that I will not be able to get a new Note 7 because they were likely not going to carry it, and if they did it would not be until November...MAYBE... I was told my only options were to get a full refund or to exchange for a completely different phone, but then I had to keep that phone.

Another attempt I was told that new Note 7's would be available on the 19th but that they would be a extremely limited and there was no way that all current users would be able to get a replacement. I was instructed to call first thing in the morning to try to get one of the phones and that Verizon would MAIL me a new Note 7 and would include a bag and shipping label for me to return my " defective" unit.

Yet another attempt I'm told by Verizon that I don't have to turn the phone in and that it's entirely voluntary. I can choose to keep my phone. When I bring up that we have been told to power down units I was reminded that even with this email it was voluntary.

Yet another attempt and I was told that Verizon tried to replace Note 7's with new Note 7's the first week but that almost all of those units had exploded so they put a stop to all replacements because the new units were exploding on customers (this was from the lips of a customer service rep at Verizon!).

I tried to contact Samsung also about 4 days ago. They were confused why Verizon was refusing to replace with a new Note 7 or give a loaner phone. Samsung took my IMEI number along with my contact information and said they would escalate, have their team get in touch with Verizon and get this resolved for me...and that someone from Samsung would contact me within 24 hours... (I'm still holding my breathe!)

So, here I sit. A phone that works perfectly fine and has ZERO issues (I use the wireless charging station and don't plug it in)...but yet I'm instructed to power it down immediately and stop using it. I'm told I'll get a loaner phone, yet, no one will give me a loaner phone...it's like GROUNDHOG DAY... I'm stuck in this crazy three ring circus. (I realize it's my CHOICE to be stuck, but I don't like any of the other options being provided...the idea of being stuck with an $800 phone I don't want doesn't exactly thrill me!).

ABUDWIZER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very disappointed in how all of this recall is being handled.  Verizon no more cares about its customers than the man in the moon.  You would think that they would want to help it's customers resolve this issue.  I have called a couple of stores and they would only mention the recall as voluntary.  With that wording, they are not going to do more than they have too.  No temporary replacement, and the only two options are to downgrade or refund.  I just want my new, safe Note 7.  I do not want an S7 or S7 Edge or any other phone as far as that goes. I guess I will have to keep this phone until the new Note 7's are available and pray that this is not one that catches fire !! 

flyers111
Enthusiast - Level 2

With CPSC involvement I don't get how Verizon insists this is a voluntary recall and refuses to offer a loaner phone. I did a trade-in so i don't have a phone to go back to. Fortunately, even while fast charging my phone hasn't gotten abnormally hot. *knock on wood* but I'd still feel more comfortable having a new note with a new battery. At this point, I'm considering exchanging for an s7e just to be done with this headache. Very poor customer service from Verizon.

RICWOL93
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just chatted with a Verizon rep and explained that a lot of ppl are getting conflicting information in the stores and that they are being told they cannot get a loaner phone.  They told me that Verizon has recently changed their stance on the recall and advised that you can swap your note 7 for a loaner, and then once the revised note 7 is in you can swap the loaner for that.  They did say to be sure to go to a corporate store, and not an authorized retailer.  What I did was had Verizon email me the transcript of the chat so I i do decide to go swap it at the store and they give me a hard time, I have that to show them.

Best advise is to do that and go in prepared.  If you have the information to shoot their dumb responses and incorrect information down it should go a lot easier.  Good luck to all.

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

Ok guys here is what I've got. As you probably know I have been following this thread for a while and have gotten lots of bogus info and no info. I have been to the Verizon store and talked to the live chat twice and gotten different answers all three times, but today I got some satisfaction. First off DO NOT waste your time on the Verizon stores, make sure you go to a Verizon Corporate Store! I walked in and told them first thing right off "Look I have the Samsung galaxy note 7, and I pre-ordered it online, I just want to know how to return it and what I can do in the meantime until I get the new Note 7"? No problem sir, we will be happy to return it for you but we need everything that came in the box. Ok, what about a phone for while I am waiting on my New Note 7? Pick One! You make the monthly payments on that phone until your new Note 7 comes in then you start the payments on the Note 7 again. So, anyway I have to take back everything in the box on Thursday when I get back that way and make sure of what I'm signing.